PDA

View Full Version : NEW Site: The Double Gun Journal Group

John Campbell
08-29-2019, 06:50 PM
For those of us who relish Parkers -- as well as ALL other fine double guns, there is now The Double Gun Journal Group on Facebook!

It's sponsored by The Double Gun Journal, and is already nearing 1000 members from all over the globe! And... some of them are Parker aficionados who you'll recognize from PGCA. Check it out yourself.

Go to Facebook. Search for The Double Gun Journal Group. Use that exact name. With "Group" at the end. Then look for this masthead design.

You'll be more than pleased.

Mills Morrison
08-30-2019, 08:54 AM
It is a good group and several great posts on it already

Dean Romig
08-30-2019, 10:13 AM
I don't like FB, Twitter, or any other social networking site other than this one.

I may visit their new FB site but won't spend any time there... call me old-fashioned...

Randy G Roberts
08-30-2019, 11:02 AM
I don't like FB, Twitter, or any other social networking site other than this one.

I may visit their new FB site but won't spend any time there... call me old-fashioned...

Count me in with the old fashioned fellas as well. This is the only one for me also. Thankfully I have some young folks here in the office that handle that part of the business otherwise we probably would not have that part of the business.

keavin nelson
08-30-2019, 12:54 PM
It is a good group, at least so far.

Brian Dudley
09-01-2019, 08:13 PM
Pass

John Campbell
09-04-2019, 02:05 PM
It appears as though The Double Gun Journal Group on Facebook has garnered a great deal of worldwide enthusiasm and support. I got this quick note from the Group's administrator today:

"I've been getting [many] applications… and in the questions section a good number have mentioned the Parker group. I'm pleased with the numbers. I'm getting about 20 to 30 applicants a day now and no sign of it letting up. More than 50 different countries but with USA, Canada, dominating. Then UK, Australia, South Africa and a surprising number from Middle Eastern, Turkey, Eastern European, India and Pakistan!"

Why not visit and make up your own mind?!

Ronald Scott
09-04-2019, 02:19 PM
I'm sure DGJ will benefit from the Facebook group and maybe some Parker people will benefit too but I will focus my attention here. The reason is that Facebook is too easy for anyone to join ... even fake people and trolls. This forum requires you to have a specific interest and people here will quickly determine if you are for real or not.

The other negative aspect about FB Groups is that posts evaporate over time. New posts push the older posts down into oblivion. Here the posts lasts forever and are easily searched.

Bottom line: I appreciate this close knit community and intend to support it.

John Campbell
09-04-2019, 02:52 PM
Mr. Scott:
I wasn't my intention to present an "either/or" idea or scenario. Simply to notify readers here that the DGJ site is prospering. And that it might be another fun place to visit. Sorry if I gave the wrong impression.

Ronald Scott
09-05-2019, 06:57 AM
Mr. Scott:
I wasn't my intention to present an "either/or" idea or scenario. Simply to notify readers here that the DGJ site is prospering. And that it might be another fun place to visit. Sorry if I gave the wrong impression.

No apology is required. I understand that you were not suggesting an either/or scenario. The choice of whether to use the Facebook group or this forum or to use both is a personal preference, nothing more. I am a subscriber to DGJ and I have visited their FB group. I was simply giving my reasons for preferring this forum. I think it is a better platform for the types of discussions we have here.

If we had this same exchange on FB it would most likely disappear in less than 24 hours -- being pushed down by new posts. I really like the forum concept of topic "threads" that can be searched and read for years to come. It's just my preference -- I'm not attempting to disparage DGJ's FB group -- it is what it is and if you like that format by all means use it.