PDA

View Full Version : Parker Distributors, new rochelle

john pulis
07-31-2019, 10:57 AM
Does anyone remember an outdoor store in i think new rochelle, or wappingers falls, ny called parker distributors? i picked up at a garage sale an old canvas gun case for curiosity sake (.50).

thanks,

G. Wells
07-31-2019, 02:21 PM
I think it was in New Rochelle. General sporting goods as I recall. in the late 60's and/or early 70's.

Drew Hause
07-31-2019, 03:08 PM
http://forum.foxcollectors.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=987

Lots of Parker Distributors catalogs on ebay
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=parker+distributors+catalog&_sacat=0

Ted Hicks
08-01-2019, 09:27 AM
Yes I remember it. It was one of my Dad's go-to stores for all things hunting and fishing. I remember going there with him a couple of times in the mid '70s perhaps...it was a dream store for me. So much great stuff. We lived in Westchester County then and it was not too far away as I recall, but I don't remember exactly where it was located. I still have one of the Jones style blaze orange hats from there around somewhere.

I also remember the red Hot Seat cushions we got from there. We clipped them to our belts to carry them around the woods and sat on them on our deer stands to keep our butts warm and dry. They were made of a rubberized plastic and filled with some sort of polymer foam beads. If you poked a hole in them those beads went everywhere.

charlie cleveland
08-01-2019, 10:15 PM
i remember those seats they worked good....charlie

Tom Flanigan
08-03-2019, 08:51 AM
i remember those seats they worked good....charlie

I spent a lot of time in Parker Distributors in New Rochele, NY. It was owned by a guy named Gubatosi. One of my friends was his nephew who worked in the store. Their troubles began when Gubatosi overextended himself and built a store and trap and skeet range in Wappingers Falls, NY. The Wappingers investment collapsed and Gubatosi had to declare bankrupcy. It was a shame. Parker Distributors in New Rochele was a great place. It was sort of a super store before they became common. All of the mounts were taken by Gubatosi. One of the guns he had on display, not for sale, was a Parker GH damascus in great condition. I wanted that gun but they wouldn't sell it.