PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone

Jim Schultz
11-08-2010, 07:39 PM
This is my first post on this forum and I live in NW Wyoming. I'm a bird hunter and also enjoy fly fishing. My one and only Parker is a 28 gauge, two barrel set DHE Repro.

Dave Suponski
11-08-2010, 07:51 PM
Welcome Jim, Stick around there is alot of knowledge here...enjoy the journey

Dean Romig
11-08-2010, 09:22 PM
Jim, we hope you stop by often. There are a lot of very knowledgable folks who are regulars on this forum.

Oh, by the way, I like your choice of shotguns. :clap:

Richard Flanders
11-09-2010, 06:24 PM
Parkers and fly rods, eh? You have definitely come to the right place here Jim! Please show us pics of the Parker and the fly rods, especially if they're cane.

Jim Schultz
11-10-2010, 07:50 AM
I'll attempt to post a few pics. At one time I assembled all of my fly rods from blanks. Several years ago, while vacationing in Canada I walked into a fly shop that had the most beautiful rods that I have ever seen. When asked who made the rods, the answer, "I make them" came from an elderly man with a thick scottish accent. I ordered one on the spot and have ordered 8 more over the years. All of my rods are built on Sage blanks and the unique things about the rods are that the handles are wood, they have outstanding thread art and they are less expensive than the same rod from the manufacturer. The handles are of the full wells style and at first I thought that they would be slippery when wet, but it is not the case. Unfortunately, the man retired and I'll go back to assembling rods as needed.

Randy Radmer
11-10-2010, 10:03 AM
Welcome Jim,

I'm a newbie here myself, having only been here for less than a week, but have found the guys here very eager to help the new guys. I'll be looking forward to the photos, remember to include some with your fly rods and catches from the streams out there.

Randy

Richard Flanders
11-10-2010, 11:42 AM
Jim. Google "David Lewis". He makes nice fly rods from Sage blanks for less than Sage sells them. He made me a 00-wt TXL that is much nicer than the same rod from Sage. Can't remember his business name.

Jim Tiner
11-14-2010, 11:10 AM
Jim, welcome to PGCA the forums are great!!