PDA

View Full Version : 10 Reasons to Shoot a SxS

John Campbell
02-23-2019, 06:08 PM
This 8:00 min. Youtube video is produced by Westley Richards, and the young man who hosts presents some very entertaining and worthy reasons to shoot our favorite style of gun.

He also showcases some classic Westely Richards boxlocks - which happen to be the topic of my upcoming book, Birth of The Boxlock.

It's worth a look:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=483&v=XaM8kCQp3ec

Stephen Hodges
02-24-2019, 05:46 PM
Very nice view:) Thanks.

Pete Lester
02-25-2019, 03:45 PM
This same guy did this video where he tells us interest in side by sides is in a massive decline and you are better off with an over and under.

QQqXup7dpBU

Russell E. Cleary
02-25-2019, 10:02 PM
Both videos make good viewing. Thank you John and Pete for posting.

I can’t argue with the man when he says that there are many “micro-barriers” that dissuade new shooters from familiarizing themselves with side by sides, causing a continued decline in the use and popularity of such guns. Well, it wouldn’t be the first time some of us just went against the grain.

He does allow that there will be some hold-outs in the inevitable consolidation of over/under and semi-auto hegemony when he says, “It takes a real gentleman to [say] I’m going to keep tradition alive”.

This, combined with complaints I have noted coming from the British Isles, that too many of their good guns are going over to American ownership, seems to put us is a curious position: that to maintain the vintage gun ethos, is it now the commission for we Colonials to not “let down the side”.

Jeff Elder
03-04-2019, 09:56 AM
Birds just die better when shot from a SxS.