PDA

View Full Version : Hammer less Parker value, how to figure?

Chester Stewart
02-12-2019, 04:24 PM
I am looking at an old Parker in very good condition. Some of the blueing is wearing around the receiver but not scratched or dinged. Wood is excellent and barrels look good. It is a hammer less shotgun serial#208XXX. Looks like 1924 production. What else do I need to look for to get an approximate value. I am new and really need some help before I lay out the $$$.

Mills Morrison
02-12-2019, 04:50 PM
Grade, gauge and photos would help a lot.

Dean Romig
02-12-2019, 04:58 PM
Photos are paramount.

Chester Stewart
02-12-2019, 05:01 PM
Sorry it is 12 gauge. I don't have photos yet but can get them. Have no clue on what grade it is. How can I determine that?

Chester Stewart
02-12-2019, 05:01 PM
Think it is a 30 inch barrel also

Robin Lewis
02-12-2019, 05:18 PM
Sorry it is 12 gauge. I don't have photos yet but can get them. Have no clue on what grade it is. How can I determine that?
To learn the basics, I suggest you go to www.parkerguns.org and check out the links on the left side of that web page. There is a lot of information there that will get you up to speed as fast as possible.

Eric Eis
02-12-2019, 05:45 PM

Really, this is like asking the value of a Chevy car made between 1959 thru 1980. Come on we need the full serial number and photos at the least ! What's the condition, etc :banghead:

Chester Stewart
02-12-2019, 06:36 PM
OK thanks guys, I will try to get pictures up in the next couple of weeks. I'll work on the home site to try and figure out and learn as much as I can.

Steve Huffman
02-12-2019, 06:56 PM
The receiver should not be blued if it is stay away . Pictures will tell .

Mark Ray
02-12-2019, 07:13 PM
Think it is a 30 inch barrel also

Hope there are two of them!:rotf:

Just kidding....pics and serial # and you will get plenty of input

John Knobelsdorf II
02-13-2019, 06:47 PM
Because you have a Meridan era Parker to talk about, and it is hammerless (not one of the specialty situations) you can post about this in the General Parker Discussion section. This is a section higher up on the page.

Doing this may get you more prompt and thoughtful attention, as compared to here in the area where we generally discuss shotguns from another manufacturer (non-Parker). I myself look at other sections more often than I look in on the topics in "Other Fine Doubles"

As far as I know, if someone is looking at this part of the internet...then they want to see and consider the shotgun you are looking at. Restated, you are welcome here and we want to see what is on your mind as much as you want to share it.

Things get discovered here once in a while. Quality information is shared here ALL the time.

Brian Dudley
02-13-2019, 08:49 PM
It is best for you to tell us what the gun is (grade, gauge, barrel length and serial number), get us some good photos of it, and please... tell us the asking price.!

Asking what it is worth will just get you a ton of different opinions on what individuals think it is worth. Vs. just saying the asking price will make it easy for use to say if it is a good buy or not.

Jerry Harlow
02-13-2019, 09:23 PM
Make sure to take the forearm and barrels off, make sure all numbers match on all three pieces, and write down the letter grade from the "water table" on the receiver, and the info stamped on the barrels which will have the frame size under the rear lug of the barrels. These things make a lot of difference in the value, between a run of the mill gun and something out of the ordinary.