PDA

View Full Version : Damascus Lefever on a cold morning

Frank Srebro
12-09-2018, 08:59 PM
I had a new to me G-Grade Lefever out today, a recent find. My clays shooting has been on the back burner over the past two weeks (deer season) and tomorrow starts our late split on the PA grouse season. My shooting buddies passed and I was solo today; 16-degrees when I got to the club. Not to worry, the cab is on the golf/shooting cart and a new simple/no frills propane heater made it pretty warm inside even on its low setting. It’s nice to get that respite between stations.

I’m including some pics of the G Lefever; she’s a 1908 gun, 12-gauge, 30-inch Damascus tubes that are choked I-Mod and Full. Never taken apart as far as I can tell. Shells were my standard reloads for clays shooting with composite barrels: Remington Gun Club hulls, IMR “PB” single-base powder and 1-ounce of West Coast 7-1/2’s. I really like the wide, relatively flat top sighting rib on Lefevers. She did very well and as they say, is a keeper. :)

Brett Hoop
12-09-2018, 10:24 PM
Nice set up!

charlie cleveland
12-10-2018, 06:34 PM
nice lefever ....thats a great set up for a golf cart if you dont mind i m going to borrow your idea of the propane set up and put it on my side by side....charlie

Frank Srebro
12-10-2018, 07:27 PM
Go to it Charlie, just one watchout: some of the small propane heaters have a built-in feature to shut off the gas flow if the heater tips over. Good idea but they can be too sensitive for use on a cabbed golf cart or side by side that’s moving. Two of my shooting buds were cussing all the time, got rid of theirs that were constantly going out and bought the same heater in my pic that doesn't have that feature. It comes with a floor mount and another one that fits into the pop can holder.

“Texas Sportmate Portable Heater” $36.40 on Amazon with free shipping if you're signed up on Prime.

John Dallas
12-10-2018, 09:27 PM
Sure helps if the cart is enclosed, otherwise you are simply heating all outdoors

Stephen Hodges
12-11-2018, 07:59 AM
You have to love Amazon Prime. One click purchasing with free usually two day shipping, they have it down:corn:

John Dallas
12-11-2018, 08:29 AM
And to go one better, they now have "Amazon Smile" (Smile.amazon.com) They will automatically send .5% of your purchase to a charity which you have designated. The money comes out of Amazon's profit - your costs are not increased. Doesn't make much difference if your organization is small, but one of the boards I serve on (Anglers of the Au Sable) serves a membership of about 1200. I suspect it will generate perhaps $1,000 for us with very little effort. Once you get it set up (easy to do) it is painless. If you'd like, I'd appreciate you Parkerites signing up for the Anglers

Mark Ray
12-11-2018, 09:26 AM
And to go one better, they now have "Amazon Smile" (Smile.amazon.com) They will automatically send .5% of your purchase to a charity which you have designated. The money comes out of Amazon's profit - your costs are not increased. Doesn't make much difference if your organization is small, but one of the boards I serve on (Anglers of the Au Sable) serves a membership of about 1200. I suspect it will generate perhaps $1,000 for us with very little effort. Once you get it set up (easy to do) it is painless. If you'd like, I'd appreciate you Parkerites signing up for the Anglers

I am Chairman of a large charity, Coastal Conservation Association, and Amazon Smile pays us a real dividend!

john pulis
12-12-2018, 08:15 AM
nice pattern on the barrels.