PDA

View Full Version : My Fox gets the game!

Kenny Graft
11-29-2018, 07:33 PM
See the pictures...1st day in Kansas was cold and clear but a storm was brewing...day two was a bust but we visited land owners and drank good wiskey. The Fox did a great work with one shot kills except for one rooster that was killed with the left barrel after I missed my first shot, bird was close over a solid point. Collected 8 wild bird and used 15 shells total! I try not to take iffy long shots and do not want lost or crippled birds. CSMC Fox XE-spl 16 with Gordon setter that is sleepy and tired from hunting. We are packed for the trip home, its warm now, the back roads are impassable with mud goo and the weather may get crappy with freezing rain so we leave a day early to beat the storm..)-: Overall it was a great year in Kansas, Got two good snow hunting days, saw lots of birds, roosters and quail both. We killed are shar... all well earned birds! I love CRP grass and fence rows.... SXS Ohio

Daryl Corona
11-29-2018, 07:40 PM
Nice work Kenny, I just love hunting the prairies.

Ken Hill
11-29-2018, 07:51 PM
Kenny,

Glad to see you got and had a good hunt! The KS roads are iffy this year and you need to know the ones to avoid.

Ken

Garry L Gordon
12-01-2018, 02:09 PM
Hey, Kenny,

Nice pictures, especially of Miss Ruby and your Fox. Sounds like you had a great trip. Our Missouri season has been a great deal like your trip to Kansas, some great weather, some horrible, and road conditions that went from ice rink slick to a quagmire. Glad to learn you found birds...and had a good dog to handle 'em.

Kenny Graft
12-09-2018, 04:03 PM
Took pup out with my new to me Fox shotgun. Never fired it before today! It was about 20 degrees and sunny, snow melting and a light breeze. We moved several roosters and I got to shoot at one that was being pointed but it did not hold long and my two shots were a bit long and I did not touch him. We hunted that same bird for a 2nd try and I was much closer to the point before the bird went this time. Bang and it was over...Three shots and one nice heathy rooster. These birds have been out in the wild for a few weeks now and are very wily! This new to me Fox is a keeper and a joy to carry at 6lbs even...(-: English grip and all. SXS Ohio

charlie cleveland
12-09-2018, 04:49 PM
nice looking sled road....good pictures and a nice fox....charlie

Brett Hoop
12-09-2018, 10:29 PM
:rotf:That gun's no good for you!