PDA

View Full Version : dimensions for Trojan checkering pattern.

Rick Riddell
08-23-2018, 07:51 AM
I dont have an example but was curious to see if I could get some help for a Trojan checkering pattern? length, width and angles for the forend would be very helpful. Thanks guys and any help would be great!!

Brian Dudley
08-23-2018, 08:04 AM
Studying photos from one of the many published books on Parkers will tell you everythig that you need to know.

Besides, each gun is a little bit different, so hard dimennsions are not the be all end all.

The angle of the diamonds is the standard 3:1.

Dean Romig
08-23-2018, 10:49 AM
Brian, would you say most original Trojans had 16 or 18 LPI with very flat top diamonds? I certainly hesitate to call them ‘pyramids’ on the Trojan, because they don’t resemble a pyramid at all, such as grade 3 and higher were done.

Brian Dudley
08-23-2018, 11:47 AM
Yes, No pointing up at all. The lines are cut to maybe half depth. And 16 lpi is what will usually be found. I am sure that maybe some were done in 18 lpi. The borders are mullered just like they would be on any other grade.

Brian Dudley
08-23-2018, 11:49 AM
Rick, if it would help, I could set aside the time to take a rubbing for you and send them to you in the mail. Let me know. I have a 12g. example here that I get one from. Obviously the patterns would be slightly different for the smaller gauges. Mostly for the forend due to the width difference.

Rick Riddell
08-23-2018, 05:11 PM
Brian, thank you very much for the offer, but the wood is shipping out Sat. I have the BT forend and I want to use the standard trojan pattern for it and was going to measure it out before sending. I think I might be able to do your first suggestion and transpose it from a book or the net.

Actually Brian if I could get the length from tip to tip and width I could easily draw out the diamond.

Brian Dudley
08-23-2018, 05:31 PM
5" long and 1-1/2" wide.