PDA

View Full Version : New proud owner/VH 16ga

Wesleymoore
07-24-2018, 11:56 PM
Hello, I live in Saraland, AL but originally from Perry Ga. I’m a lifelong bird hunter and ha e always preferred the classic guns. I have an LC Smith field grade 16 that I’ve hunted with since I was 14 yrs old. I’ve always wanted a Parker shotgun but could never find one I could afford. Well I’m older and better off so I treated myself to my first Parker and I’m in love! Shoulders and swings like a dream!

Robert Brooks
07-25-2018, 07:30 AM
Wesley welcome and glad you found a nice 16 gauge Parker. Bobby

Mike Franzen
07-28-2018, 07:53 AM
Hey Wesley, I replied to this last night but I guess the gremlins ate it. Anyway, I was hoping you could post some pics of your gun and give us some more details about it. I hunt birds with a 16 ga VH and love the gun.

Kenneth V Jones
07-28-2018, 08:36 AM
Hi, I am a new forum user and I too just bought a 16 VH Monday. It was made in 1901 and on a 0 frame. It is light but all I have is 12 & 20 gauge guns and probably will never shoot it.

Kenneth V Jones
07-28-2018, 08:46 AM
n/a

Gary Carmichael Sr
07-28-2018, 10:15 AM
Wesley, congrats on your 16gauge Parker, You will enjoy it for a lifetime, and your heirs will too! Gary

Rich Anderson
07-29-2018, 03:48 PM
Victor if you shoot the 16 you'll fall in love with it. It's on a 20ga frame and it will hit like a 12 but carry like a 20. A 16ga O frame is a very nice gun, enjoy it.

Wesley congrats on your first Parker as well and to start off with a 16 is even better. Enjoy them, care for them and pass them along to the next caretakers when it's time.

Dean Romig
07-29-2018, 06:08 PM
I have a bunch of 16 ga. Parker’s on the 0-frame and one or two on the 1-frame. Most of mine are hammer guns but a few are hammerless. They are wonderful shooters. Yours is too I’m sure.

Kenneth V Jones
08-06-2018, 02:21 PM
I got to shoot it Saturday at the Northern SXS. Morris Baker gave me some RST 3/4oz
shells to try. I was impressed with the gun, the shells and myself. I was not in the competition just trying the gun out.

Keith Doty
01-01-2019, 04:51 PM
Good afternoon Gentlemen. Keith Doty from Houston. Long time bird hunter and CCA member. I'm new to the Parker habit but a long addicted Winchester 21 guy. Acquired a VH 16 not long ago, 1930/splinter/single trigger on a #1. Impressed me, what a nice shotgun. Liked it so much I bought a GH, also a 16. I look forward to befitting from those obviously more knowledgeable than I!

Dean Romig
01-01-2019, 05:09 PM
Welcome Keith! We all hope you benefit from our association.

You should become a PGCA Member if you want to really benefit.

Bill Murphy
01-01-2019, 05:15 PM
A "bunch" of 16 gauge Parkers on the 0 frame? Can we see pictures of the A-1 Special, AA, and A grade examples? Seriously, Dean, we are happy with the way you are coming along. You are one great guy.

Keith Doty
01-01-2019, 05:26 PM
I already joined PGCA, felt like I got my $40 back in info in the first day. Obvious to me is the ready and willing attitude of the members to assist others in the common pursuit. Refreshing to find the civility and common courtesy the forum members here share. Kinda not the norm in many forums I've visited.

Dean Romig
01-01-2019, 07:22 PM
A "bunch" of 16 gauge Parkers on the 0 frame? Can we see pictures of the A-1 Special, AA, and A grade examples? Seriously, Dean, we are happy with the way you are coming along. You are one great guy.

Sorry Bill, I currently have nothing higher than Grade 3 in my “bunch” of 16’s and I’ve shown pics of all of them in the past. I have sold a few though. When I became “retired” about a year before I had planned I sold two guns which paid off the majority of my outstanding mortgage on our home. I wish I had those two back but the security of owning my home outright far outweighed the pleasure I would have derived from keeping them.

Garry L Gordon
01-02-2019, 09:12 PM
Well, it looks like there are some more bird hunting, Parker shooting, 16 gauge lovers to add to the group.

I like to think that to be a bird hunter today suggests the hunter is an optimist. We are a dying breed in many respects (certainly an aging group!).

Welcome to you all!