PDA

View Full Version : greener

charlie cleveland
07-24-2018, 07:00 PM
i was looking on gunbroker for shotgun shells and up poped this greener double barrel hammerless...what was interesting was the stock a 2 piece they said it also had this big muzzle break on it...also said that this gun had been a 8 ga 2 1/2 inch chambers but had been sleved to a 3 1/2 inch 10 ga...weird looking gun with that stock and big muzzle brake...wish i hada got the item number where some of you could have looked at it....my first time to see a double barrel with muzzle brake...take a look....charlie

Dave Noreen
07-24-2018, 08:39 PM
W.W. must be turning over in his grave!!

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/778774850

John Campbell
07-25-2018, 08:51 AM
This is the sad result of young men who grow up drinking fluoridated water...

Rick Losey
07-25-2018, 09:20 AM
someone is really afraid of the 10 gauge's recoil

Brian Dudley
07-25-2018, 09:40 AM
Wow! A lot of effort was put into that thing. A good friend of mine and I have laughed about double cutts compensators or polychokes and how crazy that would look. Well, here you go. Now I think I have seen everything!

John, i kind of attribute Fluoride treatments as a kid to my Never having a cavity. Maybe it is just good genetics.

Eric Eis
07-25-2018, 09:45 AM
I'll bet a trap shooter owned that gun..............:rolleyes:

Robin Lewis
07-25-2018, 10:06 AM
Wow! A lot of effort was put into that thing. A good friend of mine and I have laughed about double cutts compensators or polychokes and how crazy that would look. Well, here you go. Now I think I have seen everything!

:eek: Not everything..... yet:corn:! It doesn't have lands and grooves:whistle: even though it looks like it could:crying:.

Mike Poindexter
07-25-2018, 01:01 PM
Talk about making a sows ear out of a silk purse!

Todd Poer
07-25-2018, 04:40 PM
This is the sad result of young men who grow up drinking fluoridated water...

Kensal this is for you. I think probably one of Sterling Haydens best performances in his career.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeX6_vNC8b0

John Campbell
07-25-2018, 04:59 PM
Precisely.

Eric Eis
07-25-2018, 05:34 PM
Talk about making a sows ear out of a silk purse!

Mike, that was not a "sows ear" :shock: At one time that was probably a beautiful gun. (God I hate trap shooters..................................:eek:

Todd Poer
07-25-2018, 06:00 PM
Yep flouridation is nothing but a commie plot. Flouride is good for your teeth as a topical treatment when brushing teeth. Ingesting it all the time?? Heard evidence for and against, pick your poision.

That Greener is something.....different. Plenty of good thoughts, bad ideas, and that is one of them when it comes to aesthetics. Wonder how it shoots though. 10 gauge no chokes, muzzle brakes, sounds like a hog killing machine. Ever see those boar hunts in Europe. If I was pushing hogs and one decided turn back on me, that would be the gun I would want.

wayne goerres
07-25-2018, 09:07 PM
I would bet it was made to shoot slugs. (or I should say converted). Did you bid on it Charlie. I would hate to step on any toe's. Wish I knew how to make a smiley face.

charlie cleveland
07-28-2018, 03:56 PM
i did not bid on this gun wayne...go for it....this thing would probably do well with steel shot.. charlie

Dean Romig
07-28-2018, 06:10 PM
A disgrace to a fine gunmaker’s name.

John Campbell
07-28-2018, 06:18 PM
There is a point at which bad taste and metal derangement transcend into vandalism. The remains of this Greener prove it.

Bill Holcombe
07-28-2018, 06:27 PM
On subject of fluoride water, drank it all my life no cavities...inlaws are on well water and its another story.

Eric Eis
07-28-2018, 06:46 PM
i did not bid on this gun wayne...go for it....this thing would probably do well with steel shot.. charlie

Don't do it as it will be a money pit :shock: Yes been there done that, but I had the help of Brad B to help with my Greener, it was a pigeon grade gun that a trap shooter made into his trap gun, hot blued Damascus barrels, adjustable comb, Morgan pad and reducer and beavertail forend. We brought it back but it cost me more then the gun's worth, but also Brad put a hell of lot more labor then he charged me for ! But neither of us could not let her go into a parts gun.

Dean Romig
07-28-2018, 07:01 PM
My hat’s off to you Eric.

Eric Eis
07-28-2018, 07:22 PM
My hat’s off to you Eric.

And to Brad (he had way, way too many hours in that project) and it may have been the last project that he completed as I picked it up in February. It's a 12 ga and I love small bore guns but it is one of my favorites!

Kevin McCormack
07-28-2018, 07:40 PM
I'd rather have a Greener Harpoon Gun.

wayne goerres
07-28-2018, 09:51 PM
That Greener took off like a rocket. I won't be the new owner.

Mike Franzen
07-29-2018, 09:03 PM
I saw that and still haven’t figured it out. A chemist friend once told me Fluoride is what is also used as rat poison.

Bill Holcombe
07-29-2018, 09:48 PM
Yes and so is the stuff that is used to make your bread. Its all a matter of concentration.

Too much dihydrogen minoxide is lethal, but we can't exist without it.

todd allen
07-30-2018, 09:07 PM
I'll bet a trap shooter owned that gun..............:rolleyes:

That gun just screams "Trap shooter"!

Todd Poer
07-31-2018, 06:24 AM
Not certain what intended repurpose of that gun would be but it looks alot like a setup for a big game gun with that prominent front bead and rear sight. Could be for trap but it does not have any choke if I read correctly. Most of those double barreled rifle big game guns are designed for close in hunting in case of a charge. 10 gauge with no chokes sounds like an up close gun slinging a big chunk of lead. Supposedly muzzle brakes are designed to mitigate some muzzle jump or I think that was maybe the thought. Would that be a gun you want if there was bear charge or say going after mountain lions.

Regardless whatever it was used for it looks like a funky experiment.