PDA

View Full Version : Lefever 32-incher on the course

Frank Srebro
07-22-2018, 03:49 PM
Just recently I snagged a nice Lefever G Grade 32-incher with damascus barrels and weighing just a fraction of an ounce over 8 pounds. All original, buttplate gun with good case colors. Chokes are both Full at 35 & 36 points. Probably made as a waterfowler, in about 1903. She did her premiere clays shoot today, cold turkey without looking at the show birds. 50 shots with 1-ounce handloads using PB powder at about 1170 speed, and an outstanding score with plenty of smoked birds. :) In short, a keeper.

Here are a couple of cell pics for the Lefever fans.

chris dawe
07-22-2018, 04:30 PM
Very nice , great find !

Daryl Corona
07-22-2018, 06:59 PM
She's a beaut Frank. Don't you just love it when you take a new gun on it's maiden voyage and you shoot lights out with it?

Frank Cronin
07-22-2018, 10:42 PM
What a lovely looking Lefever! Long barreled Lefevers don't come across that often and especially seen with condition like yours.

I have a similar gun G grade with 32" tubes, ejectors, .040 in both barrels and just under 8 lbs by a hair.

I agree, they were made as a waterfowler.

Frank Srebro
07-23-2018, 07:47 AM
Thanks all. Frank, nice pic and gun. I'll have some like yours this fall. Now I need to find another local shooter or two into old school waterfowling with composite-barreled guns. Mike K is ready to rock too. Would be nice to get out with 3-4 like minded hunters.

Daryl et al., a short shooting story: so I'm on the last station and two pickups drive by headed out of the club, and the second one stops and backs up and the driver gent has eyes wide open as I'm getting the Lefever from the rack on my shooting cart. He says he hasn't seen a gun like that in a long time, kind of chiding me, and he asks how am I doing? I replied OK and smiled. Didn't have the heart to tell him I was down only 3 birds, he probably wouldn't believe me - what with being there with an old clunker double gun. As it turned out I cleaned that last station. :cool:

Pete Lester
07-23-2018, 09:00 AM
Thanks all. Frank, nice pic and gun. I'll have some like yours this fall. Now I need to find another local shooter or two into old school waterfowling with composite-barreled guns. Mike K is ready to rock too. Would be nice to get out with 3-4 like minded hunters.

Daryl et al., a short shooting story: so I'm on the last station and two pickups drive by headed out of the club, and the second one stops and backs up and the driver gent has eyes wide open as I'm getting the Lefever from the rack on my shooting cart. He says he hasn't seen a gun like that in a long time, kind of chiding me, and he asks how am I doing? I replied OK and smiled. Didn't have the heart to tell him I was down only 3 birds, he probably wouldn't believe me - what with being there with an old clunker double gun. As it turned out I cleaned that last station. :cool:

Next time tell him your score and add just imagine what I could do if I could afford a newer gun like yours. :rotf:

Harold Lee Pickens
07-23-2018, 10:14 AM
Good thing you sold off alot of guns earlier, looks like the old gun safe is filling up quickly again. Nice gun and great shooting

Dave Noreen
07-23-2018, 03:04 PM
Ahh.. Frank. You are a wild man!! Way to go with a very nice Lefever.

Mills Morrison
07-23-2018, 04:40 PM
Very nice!

charlie cleveland
07-23-2018, 11:05 PM
lefevers are seldom seen in my neck of the woods you sure have a nice one...i agree a duck gun for sure...charlie