PDA

View Full Version : New Member

Bill Watt
04-11-2018, 02:48 PM
I am the 4th generation owner of this 1909 AHE 12 ga. Purchased by my Great Grandfather, and recently given to me by my father. 30" barrels full and extra full chokes. It has spent MANY days killing black ducks and broadbill on the Great South Bay of Long Island. It has had some work, barrels reblued, new splinter for end (I broke it assembling the gun when I was 14) and the stock was pinned, although it very difficult to see where it was done. I shot trap with it last weekend and it is a pleasure to shoot. I look forward to getting my research letter to see how accurate my understanding of the gun is. Apparently a 16ga of the same grade was ordered at the same time as this gun, which I believe a cousin is in possession of.

Mills Morrison
04-11-2018, 02:54 PM
Welcome Bill! Congratulations on being the custodian for your family Parker

Reggie Bishop
04-11-2018, 03:09 PM
Welcome to the PGCA! Great Parker you have!

Dean Romig
04-12-2018, 07:26 AM
That is a great Parker! I especially like the two woodcock on the floor plate and the straight grip. Very nice!

I can't wait to learn what the research letter says about the original butt treatment.

And Welcome to the PGCA!

Bill Watt
04-13-2018, 09:09 AM
I can't wait to learn what the research letter says about the original butt treatment.

Thanks Dean....that is probably what I am most curious about. I have not measured the LOP yet, but it feels a bit short. Possibly to compensate for layers of clothes and jackets that would have been worn out on the open bay during the winter..

Garry L Gordon
04-13-2018, 09:54 PM
Wow! It's hard to beat that straight/splinter stock configuration. A beautiful piece with a wonderful personal history. Enjoy it.

Dean Romig
04-13-2018, 10:07 PM
I just went back and looked at your pictures again and noticed in the picture of the underside of the forend that, as you say, it is unmistakably a Remington replacement.

Also, it looks like somebody had the floor plate off your gun and put the screws back in the wrong positions. That is easily remedied with the correct gunsmith's screwdriver. The screws are marked on the end of two of the three screws as to their respective positions.

Best, Dean

Mike Franzen
04-14-2018, 12:14 AM
Welcome to the PGCA Bill. I love seeing a high grade gun that is used. There’s something very special about that.