PDA

View Full Version : Merry Christmas

Andrew Clark
12-25-2017, 07:47 AM
Due to being caught up with all my Christmas Eve chores I was able to sneak off yesterday morning to shoot at some clay birds by myself. I brought along my 20 gauge PHE. Though I have shot it quite a few times in the past 6 or so months, yesterday was much different. I can't miss with this gun. It shoots beautiful and swings better than any shotgun (regardless of make) I've ever shot! Must be the 32" tubes! I took a few crappy pictures but I think all still can appreciate. Merry Christmas!

Chuck Bishop
12-25-2017, 12:42 PM
Beautiful gun Andrew. Not to many 20 ga. PHE's made with Parker Steel 32" barrels.

Andrew Clark
12-25-2017, 01:59 PM
Thanks Chuck. That's what I've come to understand is that only a hand full (5?) were produced like this. It is my most prized possession. And my Grandfather used the heck out of this Parker during the time he cared for it, 1919-1997. It's anyone's guess how many rounds have been through the old girl, however it still shoots like a dream.

Larry Stauch
12-27-2017, 08:55 PM
Now that PHE's a very merry Christmas all by itself!:bowdown:

Garry L Gordon
12-28-2017, 12:29 PM
I sure like the wood on that gun! What a great configuration. Don't you wish you could thank the guy that ordered it originally?!

Andrew Clark
12-28-2017, 08:28 PM
I sure like the wood on that gun! What a great configuration. Don't you wish you could thank the guy that ordered it originally?!

I really do. What a great choice of wood! I wonder based on this info if the gentleman ever actually saw the gun.

davidboyles
12-28-2017, 09:45 PM
Andrew don't ever let anyone pry your hands off that gun!! What a fine piece. Better put the DH in the back of the safe and tell him to hide himself. Wonderful gun. Shot 9 doves this afternoon first time out with the AH 12 it had some real magic to it. Happy New Year

Andrew Clark
12-29-2017, 05:29 AM
Andrew don't ever let anyone pry your hands off that gun!! What a fine piece. Better put the DH in the back of the safe and tell him to hide himself. Wonderful gun. Shot 9 doves this afternoon first time out with the AH 12 it had some real magic to it. Happy New Year

Hi David, a matter of fact I'm taking the DH out this Sunday for a clay shoot, as long as the temps stay above 10*F here! I will be posting some pictures of that great gun after. And thanks for sharing about the AH, that is one beautiful Parker!

Richard Flanders
12-29-2017, 07:14 AM
That is sweet!

Ken Hill
12-29-2017, 12:02 PM
Andrew,

Did you check with Griffin & Howe for any records they have on the gun? They hold the A&F records.

Ken

Chuck Bishop
12-29-2017, 12:21 PM
When I do the letters, I always check G&H's database.

SamWoods
12-29-2017, 08:45 PM
Happy Holidays, guys! May we all have a prosperous New Year as well, with more Parker guns in tow.

Andrew Clark
12-30-2017, 05:47 AM
Andrew,

Did you check with Griffin & Howe for any records they have on the gun? They hold the A&F records.

Ken

I had also checked after I received the letter. Good to know that Chuck does by default.

Gary Carmichael Sr
01-04-2018, 09:36 AM
Andrew, Great looking P grade with steel barrels and 32" tubes, very rare, I had a hankering for Steel barrel P grades at one time, was a lot of fun collecting them Gary