PDA

View Full Version : my thomas parker

brian backlund mrb
07-28-2010, 09:13 AM
hi i have a thomas parker #68655 i have gotting it from my dad i have fond out that it was made about 1880 to 1920 no i do not shot it. on the barrel the one of the words i can read is. the inviucabule and i think it says desmacs onthe barrel to . it on the gun it apers to be nicele with copper over it with the name thomas parker the hamers are copper plated on the tigger gard it apers to be a dog or a horse there is ivory in the shock and the forarm the reson is iam trying to put a value on it for ins reson or i fill it is worth a lot more to a gun collector can some one please help me with this matters i now that there are a lot of fake out that were made but i think it is not fake i do have a lots of photo of it iam send a few with post need more can do later thank you mrb hope photo are there some thing went wrong we can do photo by email if have to thank you

Jack Cronkhite
07-28-2010, 10:31 AM
Brian: Thanks for posting your question. Your "Thomas Parker" shotgun is NOT a Parker Brothers made in Meriden Connecticut USA shotgun. Here are a few non-Parker Bros. guns that will show the word Parker on them somewhere. Parker Trap Gun, Field Parker & Son. E. D. Parker (Belgian), C. Parker & Co (Belgian), E.D. Parker (Belgian), T. Parker (Belgian), T. Parker New York (Crescent Fire Arms), Thomas Parker (London), W.Parker New Pin Fire (maker unknown) and Parker-Smith-Williams (maker unknown) SOURCE (http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=187255&p=1540326#p1540326)

There are many internet references that discuss "Thomas Parker". Many references refer to "limited value" for a "Thomas Parker" shotgun. If you search for "Thomas Parker shotgun" in Google you will get information for your purposes.
Regards,
Jack

George Lander
07-28-2010, 12:40 PM
The is a THOMAS PARKER listed in "BRITISH GUNMAKERS" VOLUME II as a barrelmaker at 13 Newton Street, Birmingham, England 1832. Probably not yours.

Best Regards, George

Austin W Hogan
07-28-2010, 10:26 PM
I have a Thomas Parker that is not dated, but probably antedates Parker Bros guns. It is a very light twelve, with good checking and nice engraving.

Best, Austin