PDA

View Full Version : New Member from Louisiana

Tri Le
09-04-2016, 12:21 PM
Hello everyone! New member here from Baton Rouge / New Orleans area.

About 8 months ago, I acquired a 12ga VH Frame 2 (SN 151252) from one of my employees who inherited it from his father. I gave him the option of buying it back in case he had seller's remorse a few months down the line but it doesn't look like he is interested in buying it back. So now I am starting the process of researching the gun (I have zero knowledge on vintage guns; I am more of a modern gun enthusiast) and aren't sure the route I want to take yet.

I'd probably like to get it cleaned up, a new forend installed as well as a butt plate which it is now currently missing. I look forward to receiving my research letter as well as finding out more about this gun.

Anyone have any tips on how to separate the barrel from the frame? I can't seem to get mine off and don't want to damage the gun.

Pictures to follow.

John Dallas
09-04-2016, 12:50 PM
Welcome! If you go to the home page, on the left side there is a section called FAQ (frequently asked questions. There you will find instruction on disassembly. Note! Go carefully, and have a full set of carefully-fitted screwdrivers before proceeding. Butt plates (original or reproduction) are Vailable. If you need a forearm (do you have the metal?) that could be more difficult and therefore, more costly. Pictures would allow the experts here to evaluate your new toy.
Good luck!

Tri Le
09-04-2016, 01:22 PM
No metal from the old forend either. The guy I got the gun from lost it somwhere in his house and isn't too interested in finding it

wayne goerres
09-04-2016, 03:26 PM
Contact Brian Dudely on this forum. He will probable to fix you up with parts. Your forum will have to be fitted by someone qualified. They are all hand fitted. He can also help with that.