PDA

View Full Version : Mike

mike nystrom
06-05-2010, 12:50 PM
Hello to all,
I am in need of info. please. I aquired a stockless Parker from a friend who moved. The # is 63319. Frame size 1. Weight barrels 3/4. Grade P stamp. Total barrel length 30 1/8". .700 to .705 on the choke end. .810 @ the very beginning of breech ( I have no way to measure deeper in the breech)

There is also a T with a circle around it. The safety is missing the safety lever and jacket , part # 28 I guess.

There is a forestock on it with the number 133242. Bottom of forestock says Pat. March 26 1878.

Barrels do not appear to be pittted much.

Can I find a stock for it and the safety parts? Please advise, Thanks
Mike

Harry Collins
06-05-2010, 04:46 PM
Mike,

That sounds like a nice find. I have a #1 framed 12 gauge PH with twist barrels as well. Your gun is listed in the "Book" as a PH 12 gauge with capped pistol grip and 30" Twist barrels. The "T" indicates Twist. Finding a stock for a #1 frame may or may not be hard to find, however they never fit from one Parker to the next. I know I have tried. I'm sure there are some clever gunsmiths that can make it work if you do find a stock. You might call Donnie Gemes at Show-Me Gunstocks 660-438-4568 around 10 AM Central time on Monday to see what he would charge to stock your Parker with very plain wood. The last two I had him do he said he picked a piece of scrap off the floor and I still drool over his work. I just looked at Numrich Gun Parts and they are sold out of the safety parts you need. Someone here may have them. You might put a note on the parts wanted section of this forum.

Harry

mike nystrom
06-07-2010, 07:48 PM
Harry,

Thanks for the information. I will call Donnie about a stock and put in a want add for the safety part. Do you shoot your PH? Mike

Harry Collins
06-07-2010, 10:15 PM
The PH 12 gauge barrels had been cut and were pitted and full of dents that just did not hamer out. I had a set of #1 frame DH 16 gauge barrels that fell right on the gun and worked after I swapped cocking hooks. The chokes are tight and tight and it handels and shoots like a dream. I do have two Twist Parkers from 1881 that I shoot all the time.

Harry