PDA

View Full Version : Parker reproduction case question

Brett Souder
04-03-2016, 09:49 AM
Will a Winchester model 21, 20 GA. 26" two barrel set fit in a Parker reproduction two barrel case? I ask this because I am concerned of the longer frame on the model 21 may prevent it from sitting in the Frame cradel so to speak. Has anyone tried this?

Greg Baehman
04-03-2016, 09:34 PM
If your Winchester measures less than 20 7/8" from the very front of the action at the knuckle to the end of the butt and the measurement from the standing breech to the very front of the action is not less than 3 1/4", it'll fit.

Brett Souder
04-04-2016, 02:00 PM
Greg, thanks for the reply. I have 20" from the knuckle to the end of the butt, so i am ok there but the standing breech measurement is 3" exactly. I have an Abercrombie and Fitch VC case and it won't fit in it but it was for a 28 gauge gun and I did not want to shop for a Parker reproduction case if i would have the same problem. I would like the Parker case because they are for the shorter barrelled guns like 26"and 28". If anyone has a less than pristine case for a two barrel set I would be interested. Thanks, Brett

Greg Baehman
04-04-2016, 03:03 PM
Given the overall dimension of the action and butt of your Winchester and the Repros 2-bbl. case having enough length on the back end, it will accommodate your gun and even have a little room to spare.