PDA

View Full Version : 16 G Parker - Smith Challenge ?

William Davis
03-02-2016, 12:45 PM
Did I hear correct, New Parker Smith Challenge event on Thursday 16 G only ?

William

John Truitt
03-02-2016, 01:14 PM
Gentleman,

Below are the rules for our 16 gauge shoot: "The Sweet 16 LC Smith vs Parker team grudge match".

Thursday April 21st .At Deep River Sporting Clays, on the five stand set by Rick Hemingway. (the one on the right when facing the dove field) From 1 pm until five on Thursday only.
30 targets as in years past/ two report pairs final pair is a true/ simultaneous pair. 16 gauge Parker or Smith only. Hammer or hammerless guns allowed.
Can shoot event as many times as your pocket/ time/ or money allow. Your top score is the one that counts.

Top three scoring shooters from Parker and top three from Smith will comprise a "team". The scores will be totaled for each and the top scoring team will be determined the winner. In the event of a tie, one shooter from each team (chosen by their team mates) will shoot off for team bragging rights. ( a full 30 target round if time allows if not Rick Hemingway will decide the number of targets/ fees again paid to Rick).
Top three shooters from each team will receive two boxes of RST 16 gauge shells each. The winning team will get a special award (hope yall enjoy a cold one or two).

PLEASE NOTE THIS IN NO WAY IS A PGCA OR LCSCA SANCTIONED EVENT/ SPONSORED EVENT OR HAS ANYTHING TO DO WITH THE OFFICAL CHALLENGE EVENTS.

Score cards will be with the trapper, at that five stand, who helps Rick Hemingway. Please let them know what you are shooting/ what maker of gun/ your name/ etc.
No registration fee. But target fees to be paid to Rick/ trapper per their normal fees. In the past it was usually $15 per round of 30 five stand targets.

This is for fun and camaraderie. All complaints will be filed in the official circular filling device. aka: the trash can.
Please come out and join us and shoot your 16 gauge. Hope to see yall there. Please pass the word

William Davis
03-02-2016, 01:40 PM
Good news

William

Bruce Day
03-03-2016, 08:11 AM
I'll be there if I can get out on the road and if I don't get stopped at the eastern border checkpoint because of carrying guns.

This is at Deep River and not Drakes, correct?

John Truitt
03-03-2016, 09:15 AM
Yes sir at Deep River on Thursday April 21st on the five stand set by Rick Hemingway.

Everyone welcome to shoot but only Smith and Parker 16's will be included in the competition.

Come on out and have some fun with the 16 gauge guns.

Could someone or would someone be willing to bring and camera and get some photos?
IMO it would be a cool picture to have a bunch of Parker 16 gauges together.

Eric Eis
03-03-2016, 11:31 AM
Sounds nice, but I'm committed to the shoot at Drakes Landing that's been going on for the last three or so years, so as not to compete with the shoot at Deep River. Thursday was the day when Deep River was just getting setup so a few of us decided to shoot Drakes now you want to change things ?

Rich Anderson
03-03-2016, 12:04 PM
To many shooters going to Drakes and having fun? Some of us started shooting at Drakes because the targets were better, the pricing was better, there were no long lines and we were appreciated there. There was nothing going on at Deep River and now that this has grown into an event you feel the need to try to lure back some shooters.

John Truitt
03-03-2016, 01:04 PM
Sounds nice, but I'm committed to the shoot at Drakes Landing that's been going on for the last three or so years, so as not to compete with the shoot at Deep River. Thursday was the day when Deep River was just getting setup so a few of us decided to shoot Drakes now you want to change things ? Quote from Eric Eis

Hey come join us if you want. Don't if you don't want to.
There is no need to create an argument or start a fight when there is no issue. None of this was done to lure shooters back or to change things to mess up anyone elses plans.

I think you and Mr Anderson seem to believe every event or occurrence involving the Southern is a reflection upon you guys or some how being done to negatively affect you guys.
I can tell you that in no way was this planned or set up or thought of on my part or my friends part or any one else involved to do this to you guys.
I have no ill feelings or thoughts or other towards you two.
Please don't make an issue out of nothing.
This event is being put together for fun for us to enjoy.

If you guys want to come join us, please do. I personally would love to have you guys shoot with us. But if you have other plans please stick to them. Again this is NOT BEING DONE TO HURT YOU OR MESS UP YOUR PLANS OR PREVENT OTHERS FROM JOINING YOU GUYS over at Drakes or anywhere else.

Bruce Day
03-03-2016, 01:04 PM
I ride for the brand.

Many thanks to John, Mills and other good PGCA members who have devoted their time and efforts before and those who will come after, to make PGCA participation in the Southern Side by Side a fine event.

Thanks for your loyalty and dedication. I will be there on Thursday and will try to shoot well and make the PGCA team. I'll bring a camera and we can get some photos for the forum and Parker Pages.

Only 50 cents a target!!

John Truitt
03-03-2016, 01:05 PM
To many shooters going to Drakes and having fun? Some of us started shooting at Drakes because the targets were better, the pricing was better, there were no long lines and we were appreciated there. There was nothing going on at Deep River and now that this has grown into an event you feel the need to try to lure back some shooters.
Quote from Rich Anderson

There is no need to create an argument or start a fight when there is no issue. None of this was done to lure shooters back or to change things to mess up anyone elses plans.

I think you and Mr Anderson seem to believe every event or occurrence involving the Southern is a reflection upon you guys or some how being done to negatively affect you guys.
I can tell you that in no way was this planned or set up or thought of on my part or my friends part or any one else involved to do this to you guys.

The truth is I did not even take into consideration any one going over to Drakes or how it would or could affect them. I just got info that you guys had planned a 16 ga shoot at Drakes on Thursday well in advance of this event even coming to light. For that I am sorry and can see how that would create tension/ etc. Again I am sorry for that and was not aware of your guys plans. Ignorance is not a valid excuse and I was ignorant of your plans. MY BAD GUYS.

If you guys want to come join us, please do. I personally would love to have you guys shoot with us. But if you have other plans please stick to them. Again this is NOT BEING DONE TO HURT YOU OR MESS UP YOUR PLANS OR PREVENT OTHERS FROM JOINING YOU GUYS over at Drakes or anywhere else.

Its just meant to be fun.
Some shooters will be at Drakes and some at Deep River and some at both. I hope everyone has fun and enjoys themselves and shoots well.
Go TEAM PARKER!!!!

Eric Eis
03-03-2016, 01:35 PM
Quote from Rich Anderson

Its just meant to be fun.

John,
Not sure how you took what I said but, this statement from you does upset me,
" I think you and Mr Anderson seem to believe every event or occurrence involving the Southern is a reflection upon you guys or some how being done to negatively affect you guys. "

I never said that ! And believe it or not I too want the best for the PGCA.That was a cheap shot.. and no, not going there. Last comment on this (John,if you want to discuss this further let's do it by pm or phone, fine but this should not be on the forum, which I know you may not prefer)
Eric

John Truitt
03-03-2016, 01:43 PM
No Eric this needs to remain on the forum for all to see.

I do not think this should be removed.

I meant what I said and wrote and it was not a cheap shot but a statement in response to yours you posted this morning. This is not a personal issue. Don't make it one. Read my response as that statement was meant for you to understand that this was not being done to hurt you or anyone else and not being done to personally attack you.

You are welcome to call me or PM me.
I will PM you my cell phone number.

Bruce Day
03-03-2016, 02:05 PM
I can assure you that I am not abandoning plans to shoot at Drakes on Thursday and substituting coming to Deep River.

It always sounds like you fellows have quite the time there and I suspect you will again.

Rich Anderson
03-03-2016, 02:52 PM
It always sounds like you fellows have quite the time there and I suspect you will again.

Bruce it really is a nice place to shoot. They have two 100 target courses and a 5 stand. Try it sometime.

John Truitt
03-03-2016, 03:01 PM
Mr Anderson is correct. Drakes is a phenomenal place. Great terrain. Great ambiance and two terrific courses.

I plan on shooting there on Wed.

If you or anyone else has the time it is well worth it.

John

Eric Eis
03-03-2016, 03:10 PM
"John,
Not sure how you took what I said but, this statement from you does upset me,
" I think you and Mr Anderson seem to believe every event or occurrence involving the Southern is a reflection upon you guys or some how being done to negatively affect you guys. "

I never said that ! And believe it or not I too want the best for the PGCA.That was a cheap shot.. and no, not going there. Last comment on this (John,if you want to discuss this further let's do it by pm or phone, fine but this should not be on the forum, which I know you may not prefer)
Eric "

This is what I said originally in the other post and quoted, not sure were all of the quotes that John posted came from.

Rich Anderson
03-03-2016, 03:28 PM
Eric and I will be there Wed around noon and plant to shoot. I have a 28ga hammer gun I'm dying to shoot.

John Truitt
03-03-2016, 04:53 PM
Looking forward to seeing everyone and seeing you guys there.

All my best,

John

Harold Lee Pickens
03-03-2016, 10:12 PM
Hope to make it in Wed to shoot, but if not will be getting in Wed eve., and will shoot all day Thurs. Bruce & John, look forward to meeting you there .
I shoot at Drakes, but not at the Southern for a very simple reason, I am not a competitive shooter, as a matter of fact, on my best days I am MEDIOCER--I can see COB, Daryl, Mark Q., Mike Smith, and more shaking their heads in agreement. But you have to agree guys, I am shooting much better than when I first met you at the Eastern SXS in WV. So, I am shooting just for fun and to hang out with my friends. I shot this past Sunday at Hunting Hills In Pa with my friend Mark. Mark is a serious competitor and decided to have a little fun. He shot the first pair with his left hand behind his back and broke them both. On the second pair, he held his 12 ga Marlin LC Smith one handed out in front of him like a pistol, and again broke them both. The third pair, he shot from the hip and missed one, Hell, I cant compete with someone like that. He has won both the 16 and 20 ga at the Southern before. He came over tonight, and left with one of my Sterlingworth 16's and my VH 1 frame 16 to try, as he does not own a 16. I would not be surprised if he wins the 16 ga with one of my guns. And , there are a few other guys from Wheeling, who regularly shoot in the 90's who will be at the Southern who are there to try to win, extremely competitive shooters. I will go to the Southern Fri. afternoon and again Saturday, usually spend a few hundred on old books, etc and enjoy the experience.
I wish I could shoot good enough to compete , but really just want to chill out from the pressures of private practice and have fun. Looking forward to seeing my old friends and meeting some new ones, shoot straight my friends.
Harold

Harold Lee Pickens
03-03-2016, 10:16 PM
Hope to make it in Wed to shoot, but if not will be getting in Wed eve., and will shoot all day Thurs. Bruce & John, look forward to meeting you there .
I shoot at Drakes, but not at the Southern for a very simple reason, I am not a competitive shooter, as a matter of fact, on my best days I am mediocre--I can see COB, Daryl, Mark Q., Mike Smith, and more shaking their heads in agreement. But you have to agree guys, I am shooting much better than when I first met you at the Eastern SXS in WV. So, I am shooting just for fun and to hang out with my friends. I shot this past Sunday at Hunting Hills In Pa with my friend Mark. Mark is a serious competitor and decided to have a little fun. He shot the first pair with his left hand behind his back and broke them both. On the second pair, he held his 12 ga Marlin LC Smith one handed out in front of him like a pistol, and again broke them both. The third pair, he shot from the hip and missed one, Hell, I cant compete with someone like that. He has won both the 16 and 20 ga at the Southern before. He came over tonight, and left with one of my Sterlingworth 16's and my VH 1 frame 16 to try, as he does not own a 16. I would not be surprised if he wins the 16 ga with one of my guns. And , there are a few other guys from Wheeling, who regularly shoot in the 90's who will be at the Southern who are there to try to win, extremely competitive shooters. I will go to the Southern Fri. afternoon and again Saturday, usually spend a few hundred on old books, etc and enjoy the experience.
I wish I could shoot good enough to compete , but really just want to chill out from the pressures of private practice and have fun. Looking forward to seeing my old friends and meeting some new ones, shoot straight my friends.
Harold

John Truitt
03-03-2016, 10:44 PM
Doc Pickens,

well said. I look forward to meeting you and seeing out.

Safe travels.

John

Mark Ouellette
03-04-2016, 08:44 AM
Gentlemen,

Please keep your posts positive.

John is starting a great 16 gauge event at Deep River. Thank you John!

Rich lead the way years ago in bring another great shooting venue to us long distance travelers at Drake Landing.

Both the Southern and shooting at Drake's are positive events worth talking about here.

Let's not be negative about one event or the other. Be positive about your favorite venue. Those are the rules.

Thank you in advance for you cooperation,
Mark