PDA

View Full Version : PR Dealer

Scot Cardillo
03-01-2016, 05:39 PM
Steve Barnett Fine Guns has a good number of Repro's available.

Anybody care to share experiences having dealt with him or his company?

Michael Murphy
03-01-2016, 08:16 PM
Have bought several guns from Steve. Never had an issue.

Eric Eis
03-01-2016, 08:51 PM
I've bought and sold many shotguns from Steve never had an issue, great guy to deal with.

Jay Oliver
03-01-2016, 09:42 PM
I know/think he is usually at the Southern SxS. I was just telling my wife today that he has one of the best inventories I can find online. Every time I look I see a few more I would like to have. It's good to see some positive feedback, as I may buy from him sometime soon as well.

Scot Cardillo
03-01-2016, 10:31 PM
Thanks for the feedback.

Jay, yep..he has an amazing collection, even beyond PR's.

I've contacted them on two separate occasions via e-mail and the responses have been, well, interesting.

Eric Eis
03-02-2016, 05:47 AM
Thanks for the feedback.

Jay, yep..he has an amazing collection, even beyond PR's.

I've contacted them on two separate occasions via e-mail and the responses have been, well, interesting.

Steve has had some health issues since the beganing of the year and has not been able to respond to voicemails or emails until the last week or so. His voice is still iffy so most communication is by emai right now from what I understand.

Daniel G Rainey
03-02-2016, 07:15 AM
Steve's shop is 2 blocks from my house and I dropped by weekly. He sold me my first Parker and knows an awfully lot about doubles. He is a pleasure to deal with and always has a Parker or 2 that I want but do not need.

George M. Purtill
03-02-2016, 08:25 AM
I have sold several guns through him and have not had a problem at all. He is well known and well connected.
He will be at the Southern with a lot of guns but probably not ALL. You might want to email him to bring what you want to see.

Rich Anderson
03-02-2016, 10:39 AM
I have dealt with Steve for over 15years now with Parkers, Winchesters, and English guns. Bought, sold and traded and always treated fairly.

Gary Carmichael Sr
03-05-2016, 04:32 PM
He's one of the good guys, I wish him well with his health issues, Gary

Linn Matthews
03-05-2016, 07:24 PM
Recently made a purchase from Steve. Everything was done as he said it would be. Good guy, will buy from him again

Eric Eis
03-06-2016, 08:10 AM
Just did a three for one gun deal with Steve and as usual everything went fine. Problem is now I don't have any money left to go shopping at the Southern, budget is shot...:eek:

Rich Anderson
03-06-2016, 08:33 AM
My new toy arrives Tuesday:). I'm leaving a little room for the Southern:shock:

Scot Cardillo
03-06-2016, 10:32 AM
Thank you gents

Been playing a bit of phone tag & as I stated, e-mail has been interesting.

Dealing w/guns sight unseen can be, well..you know

I have learned of a couple matters gone awry that give me pause - of course this goes with the territory of owning any business but one hiccup in particular strikes me.

Apparently some barrels were described as factory choked Q1/Q2 & upon arrival the chokes had been opened from Mod/Full. Original markings had been ground off w/no re-blue and new choke id's had been stamped upon the flats.

As I understand it, the barrels were accepted for return but less shipping.

The poor description in that case sure isn't what I would expect based upon comments here and from a well known double guy.

The burden of return shipping to the buyer doesn't seem too cool either.

Sure like the pictures of his shop. I mean, talk about an easy way to spend an afternoon..he's got some nice guns!

Rich Anderson
03-06-2016, 11:01 AM
No matter where you have a gun shipped from the return shipping if needed is always the responsibility of the buyer. it's a small price to pay to look at a gun in hand.

Steve is a stand up guy but no one can no everything about everything.

Reggie Bishop
03-16-2016, 09:37 AM
I have bought 2 shotguns from Steve without issue. Guns were just as described.