PDA

View Full Version : Single Trigger Change to Double Triggers

Jim McKee
02-20-2016, 09:48 PM
Is it possible to have a single trigger Reproduction Parker replaced with double triggers? If so who does this conversion and approximate cost?
Thanks!
Jim

Dean Romig
02-20-2016, 10:33 PM
Is it possible to have a single trigger Reproduction Parker replaced with double triggers? If so who does this conversion and approximate cost?
Thanks!
Jim

Yes, I believe Kearcher was doing it.

Greg Baehman
02-21-2016, 07:03 AM
There have been a few of us that have had the conversion done by Keith Kearcher. Keith has since retired and his nephew Kody Kearcher has taken over his gunsmithing business.
http://members.toast.net/keithkearcher/

When I had one of my Repros converted the cost at that time (2011) was $300 plus shipping. Here's a link to a thread with more info:
http://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=3216

Brian Dudley
02-21-2016, 03:10 PM
This work can certainly be done. It would involve the swapping in of DT parts and re-bilding of the stock head to acommodate a DT style safety.
Half the battle is having ghe parts to work with. The triggers and the sears would have to be swapped along with a few other parts.

Jim McKee
02-24-2016, 05:32 PM
Ordered a Parker Reproduction (12 bore) with a 2 barrel set. Pistol Grip & Beavertail forend. It will have double triggers added by summer.
Thanks to all who responded.
Jim

Jerry McCarty
02-25-2016, 04:44 PM
Hey Jim, just curious - when you say you 'ordered' a Parker Reproduction, what do you mean? Bought from a dealer/gunsmith who will do the trigger conversion? If different, would you mind saying who is doing the trigger work? Thanks, Jerry

Jim McKee
02-25-2016, 06:02 PM
Bought from Crosnoe Guns in MO.
Kody Keacher will add the DTs Cost is $350.00 plus return shipping timeline approx. 4 months.
Jim
kodykearcher@hotmail.com

Jerry McCarty
02-25-2016, 07:35 PM
Thanks Jim. Sounds like it will be a nice setup. Check your PMs.

Dean Romig
02-26-2016, 08:07 AM
Not to disparage anyone who is in the gun repair/restoration business, but simply as a public service, you would be well served to go to doublegunshop and read the thread titled "Kody Kearcher's Restoration Job (Heads Up)".

I'm sure a lot of folks have probably had good experience from him and "there are two sides to every story" this is just one of those 'other sides'.

Brian Dudley
02-26-2016, 08:18 AM
I too have been hearing a lot of negative things coming out of there too.

What is outlined in that BBS thread is pretty hard to ignore or shrug off.

Fred Lowe
02-26-2016, 01:26 PM
Is there anyone else that has/ is now doing the double trigger conversion?
I have one that I have been holding off doing, waiting to hear positive feedback

tom tutwiler
02-29-2016, 05:58 AM
I had Keith work on a few guns in the past. No issues. I'd be quite reluctant to send one to his nephew based on what I've been hearing.

Jim McKee
03-06-2016, 10:42 AM
My Reproduction arrived. Very nice. I have decided to shoot it with the single trigger to see how it functions. Maybe double triggers will not be needed.
Thanks!
Jim

Jim McKee
03-30-2016, 08:07 PM
Took my new to me Parker Reproduction 12b with PG & BT and single trigger to shoot clays today. Fired about 75 rounds. Used a combination of 7/8 oz and 1 &1/8 oz loads with no problems with the single trigger. I will leave it as is. I was concerned after reading the problems some have reported with their single trigger guns. Used only the 26 inch IC/Mod barrels. Will try with the 28 in Mod/Full barrels latter. I did better than usual breaking clays today! A real pleasure to shoot.
I really appreciate all the feedback!!!
I purchased from Crosnoe firearms in MO. Everything was as stated by this company!

One question, after shooting, then taking the forend and barrels off of the action the top lever remains to the right. How to get the lever back to the center so it fits in the case??
Thanks!
Jim

Brian Dudley
03-30-2016, 08:17 PM
You have to push down on the bolt trip down inside the well in the frame. Anything from a wooden dowel to your car keys will work.

Jim McKee
03-30-2016, 08:18 PM
Thanks- that is too easy!~
Jim