PDA

View Full Version : Dating Serial Numbers

Paul Wilczynski
12-14-2015, 01:29 PM
Hi,
I recently purchased a reproduction 28 gauge with two barrels. I shot it for the first time last week on skeet and clays and was very pleased with it. It is serial number 28-2900. Is there a way to date the gun? As a side note, it didn't have any literature with it until I decided to clean up the canvas cover and case. When I turned it over I could see a rectangular outline on the canvas. When I removed the cover there was the owner manual.. what a pleasant surprise! I appreciate any help I can get on dating the gun.

Gary Laudermilch
12-14-2015, 03:24 PM
An owners manual - I've never seen one. Any chance somebody could scan one to share?

Paul Wilczynski
12-14-2015, 03:48 PM
I can create a PDF file but I am not sure how to get it posted.

Robin Lewis
12-14-2015, 04:40 PM
You can post it the same way you would post a picture.

See the white box to reply to a post in this thread
Under that box, click on the option Go Advanced button
Type in any text that you want in the big white box
In the section under the big white box, see for Additional Options area and click on Manage Attachments button
In the box that pops up click one of the Choose File buttons
In the box that pops up, which is a folder on your computer, navagate to the location where you have the Postscript File and double click on it.
Click on the Upload button, when its done being loaded, click on Preview Post and verify it is the Reply as you expect
If all is OK, submit the post and your done.

Paul Wilczynski
12-14-2015, 04:59 PM
Thanks Robin, here is the manual.

Gary Laudermilch
12-14-2015, 05:28 PM
Thanks Paul.

Richard Skeuse
12-15-2015, 10:13 AM
Good Morning Paul, Your Parker Reproduction 28 Ga DHE S/N 2900 was Delivered to our facility 12-01-1986. That is if it is a DHE. Glad to help. Richard Skeuse

Paul Wilczynski
12-15-2015, 11:56 AM
Richard, thank you for your help. I am new to Parker Reproduction's and not schooled in grades. Can you help me with this.
Thanks again.

Greg Baehman
12-15-2015, 12:31 PM
Paul, I'm not trying to answer for Richard, but you might want to take a look at this link from the All Albums section of this site to learn more:
http://parkerguns.org/forums/album.php?albumid=99

Richard Skeuse
12-15-2015, 12:56 PM
Thanks Greg that is a big help on the grades. Paul we only made 3 grades; A DHE; a BHE; and an A1Special. The DHE has medium amount of engraving. The BHE has very fine Bank Note engraving. The A1Special has full coverage and sometimes gold on the forplate. The word Parker is usually in Gold. and some gole on the side figures.

Richard Skeuse
12-15-2015, 12:57 PM
Thanks Greg that is a big help on the grades. Paul we only made 3 grades; A DHE; a BHE; and an A1Special. The DHE has medium amount of engraving. The BHE has very fine Bank Note engraving. The A1Special has full coverage and sometimes gold on the forplate. The word Parker is usually in Gold. and some gold on the side figures.

Paul Wilczynski
12-15-2015, 02:40 PM
Thank you Greg and Richard. After a little research I found I definitely have a DHE.

Richard Skeuse
12-15-2015, 02:50 PM
Paul I looked and saw also the grade and serial number is on the water table, the flats that the barrel meets. Should say DHE then under that the serial number 28-2900. You will find that number on numerous areas on the gun. FYI

Paul Wilczynski
12-15-2015, 03:48 PM
Richard, I see that now on my guns water table. Definitely a DHE.
Thanks for your help.