PDA

View Full Version : Double Triggers - how common?

Rex Northen
09-18-2015, 09:08 PM
Seems like I've seen that information here somewhere, but can't recall and my searches for it haven't been successful.

Anyone hazard a guess or estimate?

Scot Cardillo
09-19-2015, 07:29 AM
I seem to recall suggestion that the builds were virtually 50/50 amongst the common offerings..so far as what becomes available on the used market - DT's seem to stay in the hands of owners somewhat feverishly but they do show up for sale sometimes and on a semi regular basis.

Finding a Reproduction in the right configuration & lop along with other desirables could take some time ~ patience is a virtue.

Along with that patience, be ready to act immediately if possible.

On the non typical original offerings - .410 / SC models etc - the non typicals are out there, but in DT..they seem to be pretty rare and they don't seem to change hands often..

..for good reason.

Bill Murphy
09-19-2015, 06:43 PM
Yup, double triggers at the time of manufacture may have been as high as 50-50. On the resale market, the ratio seems to be about 95-5 or less. The double trigger guns are mostly in collections and do not come up for sale often.

Rex Northen
09-19-2015, 06:56 PM
Yup, double triggers at the time of manufacture may have been as high as 50-50. On the resale market, the ratio seems to be about 95-5 or less. The double trigger guns are mostly in collections and do not come up for sale often.

That would be a lot of repros in collections!

James Brown
09-19-2015, 08:41 PM
There are 89 reproductions for sale on Gunsinternational, 15 are double trigger.
James

Kenny Graft
09-20-2015, 07:51 AM
No factory records have come to light as of yet. WE have lots of questions as to production figures. I personally think that 50% made with two triggers is a default answer to the question or a guess that no one will dispute. If I was going to take a bet on a true number I would bet on 35% of the DHE production has two triggers. On the BHE grade I would bet 1 in 10 and the A1 specials only a handful or 1 in 15or 20. What does triggers have to do with value? Double triggers guns are in demand. Demand equals faster sale at a little better price than the SST gun when all else is the same. I have been looking for a BHE grade 20 gauge repro set with two triggers for years....still looking!!! I have miss a couple that were sold by the time I learned of them. They do not bring big premiums but sell real fast.... thanks all SXS ohio...(-: