PDA

View Full Version : Parker Reproduction LOP

Jim Thoma
05-21-2015, 08:35 AM
Are all Parker Reproductions with double triggers LOP 14 3/4 being measured from front trigger? Have a 28 bore witch I just purchased and LOP is 14 3/4 my single trigger repro also in 28 bore measures 14 3/8,have a catalog from when repro where introduced and looked in back page and did not see any LOP with 14 3/4 was this an option?

Dean Romig
05-21-2015, 09:17 AM
Guns with double triggers LOP is always measured from the front trigger. If your double trigger gun measures 14 3/4" from the front trigger it is a special order gun.

Dean Romig
05-21-2015, 09:25 AM
Guns with double triggers LOP is always measured from the front trigger. If your double trigger gun measures 14 3/4" from the front trigger it is a special order gun.

In fact, any Parker Repro that the LOP from ANY trigger measures 14 3/4" is a special order gun.

Jim Thoma
05-21-2015, 10:52 AM
Thank you Dean so my repro was special ordered is that the reason that it has a beavertail forend? It is a straight grip double trigger 26 inch barrels Q1 Q2 marked on flats.

Dean Romig
05-21-2015, 11:02 AM
No Jim, the beavertail forend was a standard production feature and a good many Repros were made with it as well as the straight grip and 26" barrels. It is a very desirable gun with those features especially with the Q1/Q2 chokes but that special order LOP would appeal to a limited buyer base.

Greg Baehman
05-21-2015, 11:37 AM
The 14 3/4" LOP Repros could have been special ordered that way, but I had always assumed that these LOP stocks were intended for single trigger guns and installed on double trigger guns instead. But, of course I could be wrong in my assumption.

Gary Laudermilch
05-21-2015, 11:49 AM
I have two 20's, both pistol grip double trigger guns. One has LOP of 14.25 and the other 14.375. Interestingly, the butt plates are not the same dimension in length. The butt plate on the longer LOP gun is a bit proud at the toe suggesting it was intended for a longer LOP gun. Wonder how many different sizes they made. Certainly a gun with a LOP of 14.75 would require an even longer butt plate.

Dean Romig
05-21-2015, 11:51 AM
The 14 3/4" LOP Repros could have been special ordered that way, but I had always assumed that these LOP stocks were intended for single trigger guns and installed on double trigger guns instead. But, of course I could be wrong in my assumption.

As could I Greg.

Scot Cardillo
05-21-2015, 11:58 AM
A 14-3/4" lop (DT gun) seems to be rather common amongst the 12ga's that I have perused and have put my hands on..including the dandy one that resides in my safe. I would have to guess that (at least on the 12's) the 14-3/4" was not a special order..perhaps I am mistaken?

The 28 I just sold to Daren seems to be a rather rare pc considering the knock it out of the park configuration possessing a legit 14-3/4" lop. (of course to the front trigger)

Having both guns side x side (no pun intended) - a 12ga PR as compared to a 28ga PR w/a 14-3/4" lop are two different critters b/c the 12ga stock is a bit beefier & exacerbates the problem if the gun is a bit long for the shooter.

As a point of reference..I am 5'9" - 170lbs - average facial structure w/fairly wide shoulders for a guy my size..

I could shoot the 28 at 14-3/4" lop but my primary usage is for quick instinctual shots (I always shoot low gun while busting clays for this reason). While my eye was not centered precisely down the rib onto the bead it wasn't THAT far off but w/my albeit small amount of shooting the gun, I seemed to be a bit high and ahead of my targets a bit which is not really such a horrible thing however that is in a t-shirt..add a jacket or a suitable winter coat...you know the rest. A bit of cast would have made the gun a wonderful fit but decided against it obviously (I have a 28 that's not quite as purdy..but I likes it and use it alot so..)

Am I wrong about the 12ga to be a fairly common find w/a 14-3/4" lop?

Bill Murphy
05-21-2015, 03:48 PM
My 28" double trigger 28 gauge straight grip Repro is a 14 3/4" gun also. It is 25 numbers from Scott's gun and is also a two barrel set, but with beavertail. I guess I should have bought Scott's gun to make a pair.

Greg Baehman
05-21-2015, 06:58 PM
IMHO, 14 3/4" LOP Repros, throughout the gauges, are too frequently encountered to have been special ordered. Having said this, I would bet that a few of them were indeed special ordered.

As I recall Bill, you bought your 28-ga. 2-bbl. set new from in-stock inventory during the closeout which further supports the theory of stocks intended for a ST gun installed on a DT gun.

Bill Murphy
05-22-2015, 08:41 AM
My gun came from Guns Unlimited during the selloff. $2875 as I recall.

Gerry Addison
06-18-2015, 07:10 AM
I can tell you I looked a long, long, time to find my 28GA with straight grip, double triggers, beavertail, and Q1 & Q2 chokes. You have a rather rare bird there.