PDA

View Full Version : Carl Brandt

David Dwyer
04-27-2015, 11:10 AM
I want to thank Carl for all the exhausting , frustrating, work he has done these past few years as team captain! Most of us do not realize how much work it is to put on this shoot and Carl did it with perfection.
I also want to thank Carl personally for his superb skills as an instructor. He is a master class shooter in his own right but was able to imprint some of his skills in my brain. I shot a person best this year, and it was all do to Carl's skill as an instructor. Thank You Carl!:bowdown:
David

Mills Morrison
04-27-2015, 11:14 AM
Well, David beat me to it.

As new Team Captain, a big shout out to Carl for his work on the Parker Smith Challenge and his efforts in making the event better and better each year. I got to work with Carl over the weekend and I can tell you not only does a lot of work go in to this event, but Carl has also done many things to improve the event. He will be a tough act to follow.

Also a big Thank You to the many PGCA members and volunteers who pitched in to help with the event over the weekend. It would not happen without your efforts.

David Dwyer
04-27-2015, 12:09 PM
Did anyone get a picture of the cool hats that LC Smith awarded their Hammer Gun Team members??
David

John Truitt
04-27-2015, 12:13 PM
Carl is the man. He worked really hard at this event over the past years. I hate that he is stepping down but personally and as his friend I am glad that he will now have the free time to shoot when he is at the Southern. He is an asset to both the PGCA, the Challenge event, and to team Parker.
Welcome back buddy!!!!

Mike Franzen
04-27-2015, 12:18 PM
I agree with John. Carl is an asset and a great ambassador for the PGCA. I'm glad he is going to be able to just be there and enjoy. Hopefully his gun will help put the Parker back on top

Dean Romig
04-27-2015, 01:49 PM
In addition to all that hes been said here about Carl, he is a true gentleman, a friend to all, and a real Class Act. Thanks for all you have done Carl.

Mills Morrison
04-27-2015, 02:07 PM
I have some photos, but will let Dean pick out a few for Parker Pages first and then post some others here so we don't duplicate

George M. Purtill
04-27-2015, 02:16 PM
This was my first Southern - yes pretty bad for Member #28- and Carl, I can't tell you what a great time I had watching and shooting in the Challenge, both hammerless and hammer. Thank you.
Mills you better get some bigger boots.

Carl Brandt
04-27-2015, 02:29 PM
Thanks for all the kind works guys!

Now that I am retired from organizing the Spring Southern (Work:() I do plan to get more involved in the shooting aspect (Fun:)) of the event. I am also planning a strategy to get more folks involved in participating so that the event will continue to grow.

Congratulations to the LC Smith team on a resounding victory. You may now rest on your laurels while we work out and prepare for next year.

Congratulations to John Truitt for winning HOA honors in the Challenge Cup and to Marshall Harrell for winning HOA in the hammer gun event.

I'll try to post results and scores soon.

Looking forward to next year's Southern.

Carl.

Dean Romig
04-27-2015, 02:55 PM
I have some photos, but will let Dean pick out a few for Parker Pages first and then post some others here so we don't duplicate

Mills,go ahead and post pictures. Any duplicates will certainly be 'forgiven' by the time Parker Pages hits the mailboxes.

David Dwyer
04-28-2015, 07:44 AM
Here is a picture the of the hat the LC Smith organization awarded their hammer gun team members. (hint!)

George M. Purtill
04-28-2015, 08:28 AM
Nice but it looks like it was cloned from Vintagers. I know I would have shot better if I had a team hat, though.

Dean Romig
04-28-2015, 09:11 AM
Now this is a Parker Bros. hammer! We should adopt something like this for our team's hats.

The tips of the hammer ears are curled and there is also a very nicely executed spur, both of which can only be found on the higher grades.

I copied this picture from a thread showing one of Gary Crmichael's exquisite hammer guns.

George M. Purtill
04-28-2015, 09:24 AM
A hammer like that would have been worth at least 2 lost birds.

Dean Romig
04-28-2015, 09:28 AM
Or maybe we could adopt the 'forend tip' motif for the hats...

Mills Morrison
04-28-2015, 09:29 AM
How about the fishing scene off the hammer gun at the PGF banquet? That was just awesome

Dean Romig
04-28-2015, 09:43 AM
.....or maybe the "chicken thief"... :shock:

Mills Morrison
04-28-2015, 09:44 AM
No Foxes :shock:

Mills Morrison
04-28-2015, 09:45 AM
RST shell boxes are another idea.

John Truitt
04-28-2015, 10:05 AM
Mr Romig,

You have got it right. Parker hammers are much better looking and that particular one is spectacular.

John Truitt
04-29-2015, 11:57 AM
My hero in the hammer event was Mr Jim Hall shooting an Eight bore 32" D grade top lever hammer gun.

Mills Morrison
04-29-2015, 01:23 PM
My hero in the hammer event was Mr Jim Hall shooting an Eight bore 32" D grade top lever hammer gun.

Dang! I missed that. If I get my reloader between now and next year, I will bring my 8

John Truitt
04-29-2015, 01:47 PM
That a boy Mills. I would like to see that. Two eight bores tearing em up.

Mills Morrison
04-29-2015, 01:52 PM
If we can get some LC and Lefever folks to pitch in, we could have an 8 bore shoot out. That would be cool. That might be 2017 though.

George M. Purtill
04-29-2015, 03:29 PM
Dang! I missed that. If I get my reloader between now and next year, I will bring my 8

Mills - how could you possibly have missed that? Every time Jimmy pulled the trigger the earth shook. It was awesome.

charlie cleveland
04-29-2015, 10:34 PM
glad to hear you boys aint just letting them 8 bores set in the corner...that would be awesome mills to have a 8 ga shoot out with parkers lc smiths and lefeversand even some other brands of 8 ga....charlie