PDA

View Full Version : DHE barrel wedge engraving

Greg Baehman
04-01-2015, 06:36 PM
It has been reported that a few 12-ga. DHE Repros were factory-fitted with BHE Repro barrels that have the wedge of barrel engraving, a friend of mine used to own one, his a 2-bbl. set. That being said, I have never seen a DHE with barrel wedge engraving on any other gauge other than a 12. That is until today when this 28-ga. popped up on GI.

Factory or aftermarket? What's your opinion?

Dean Romig
04-01-2015, 06:52 PM
Judging by the fact that it has nearly all of its case color, I'd lean toward original... but who really knows? Maybe Richard Skeuese will come on and help us out on this one.

Greg Baehman
04-01-2015, 09:30 PM
The wedge engraving pattern on the DHE gun above appears to be a different pattern than the wedge engraving usually encountered on the BHE Grade.

Bill Murphy
04-02-2015, 01:42 PM
I just know I like it.

Richard Skeuse
04-10-2015, 10:51 AM
Judging by the fact that it has nearly all of its case color, I'd lean toward original... but who really knows? Maybe Richard Skeuese will come on and help us out on this one.

Hi Fellows I don't know anything about this. Could you send a PM and a better picture and serial numbers of gun and photos of SN on barrels and that may lead to the answer thanks

Joe Bernfeld
04-11-2015, 09:52 AM
Hi Fellows I don't know anything about this. Could you send a PM and a better picture and serial numbers of gun and photos of SN on barrels and that may lead to the answer thanks

The gun is being sold on G.I. by Cook-Winston, so unless you contact them, or someone here buys it, I don't think you will be able to get better pictures or a serial number.