PDA

View Full Version : Parker Reproduction Catalogs

Billy Gross
03-23-2015, 06:41 PM
I have collected a number of Parker Reproduction Catalogs. Robin Lewis's Album has pictures of most of them. Has anyone been able to date the catalogs to a specific year, or at least figured out the order of issue. I am trying to figure out if I have a full set. Thank you, Billy Gross

Robin Lewis
03-23-2015, 07:27 PM
Most of them?

Do you have some that I don't have?

I collected them to be able to link them into the "Parker Grades" web page. If you have some I don't, would you share them so I can expand the "Parker Grades" page for reproduction Parkers?

I have collected a number of Parker Reproduction Catalogs. Robin Lewis's Album has pictures of most of them. Has anyone been able to date the catalogs to a specific year, or at least figured out the order of issue. I am trying to figure out if I have a full set. Thank you, Billy Gross

Billy Gross
03-23-2015, 08:08 PM
Robin - You have everything that I have, except an "Authorized Parker Dealers" list (which is on the back of the one pager that starts "We proudly introduce...", and price lists from 1989 and 1992. I can scan them and email them to you if you want. Do you have enough information to put the year under the images in the comments box? You have a few things that I haven't gotten yet. I also have a mint Remington Parker Tri-Fold from 1987 with Dealer Order Sheet and Specification for the AHE 20 Ga., all in a Parker Gun Works envelope,
Billy

ForrestArmstrong
03-23-2015, 08:21 PM
What was "Parker Gun Works" ?

Dean Romig
03-23-2015, 08:47 PM
The "Parker Gun Works" was the multi-building complex at 34 Cherry Street, Meriden, CT where the Parker Bros. shotguns were manufactured.

Robin Lewis
03-23-2015, 08:53 PM
Sorry to say I can't date the articles, they were made available to me as you see them, without a time line of any kind.

Robin - You have everything that I have, except an "Authorized Parker Dealers" list (which is on the back of the one pager that starts "We proudly introduce...", and price lists from 1989 and 1992. I can scan them and email them to you if you want. Do you have enough information to put the year under the images in the comments box? You have a few things that I haven't gotten yet. I also have a mint Remington Parker Tri-Fold from 1987 with Dealer Order Sheet and Specification for the AHE 20 Ga., all in a Parker Gun Works envelope,
Billy

Billy Gross
03-24-2015, 08:21 AM
Robin -

I have some idea of years, based on the price lists, and the guy I bought them from kept track of the years on the envelopes. I think it is also possible to derive the sequence of issue from the catalog changes of offerings. Can I post my estimated in the comment section of your album, or should I start another album.

If anyone else has any info on years of issue, I would appreciate it.

Thanx,
Billy

ForrestArmstrong
03-24-2015, 09:03 AM
The "Parker Gun Works" was the multi-building complex at 34 Cherry Street, Meriden, CT where the Parker Bros. shotguns were manufactured.I have a 28/410 repro set. The frame is numbered 28-01420, the 28 barrels are marked Parker Reproduction on the flats, sn 28-01420, the 410 barrels are marked Parker Gun Works, sn 410-01420. Neither barrel sets are marked on the ribs. Surely the 410 barrels did not come from the original Meriden plant.

Dean Romig
03-24-2015, 09:06 AM
Nope, they didn't come from Meriden, CT.

That's another question that maybe only Richard or Jack can answer.

Billy Gross
03-24-2015, 09:11 AM
It looked to me that the "Parker Gun Works" label was used by Remington. Perhaps those barrels were made by Remington sometime during the transition. Billy

Robin Lewis
03-24-2015, 09:59 AM
Absolutely

Robin -
Can I post my estimated in the comment section of your album, or should I start another album.

Bill Murphy
03-24-2015, 01:13 PM
Billy, the "Parker Gun Works" referred to in the paper you mentioned is actually the Remington factory at Ilion where the Reintroduction guns were supposed to have been made. Of course, the original "Parker Gun Works" was at Meriden. Popular opinion is that the Reintroduction guns were worked on by Ilion employees as well as others. Who those people may have been depends on who you ask. The rough forgings and castings provided by Don Mainland at Kolar were better than Parker Brothers forgings, but bringing them to a finished product in volume was beyond the capability of Remington employees, at least at the target price.

Billy Gross
03-25-2015, 12:36 PM
Bill - Thank you for the clarification.

Robin - I posted comments on Frame 62 in your album. I think this is the first Parker Reproduction advertisement. Frame 61 is the back side, but it is not in the album that you jump to from "Parker Grades". Is it OK if I keep doing as my time allow? I also have a Dealers List that I will send you for possible inclusion.

Anyone else - Please jump in if you have something to add. I am trying to date and sequence the Parker Reproduction advertisements. There is some history in the TPS which helps.

Thanx,
Billy