PDA

View Full Version : DHE information

Jeff Davison
03-22-2015, 09:06 AM
I'm not familiar at all with Parker Reproductions, so this is the information I have: The gun is a DHE with gold inlays on all three game scenes as well as the "Parker" on the underside. It is a 20ga two barrel gun with Briley chokes. It also has a Briley 410 tubes. It has the case and all accessories, including both 20 and 410 snap caps. The current owner says the story he was told when purchasing the gun is that it was made for Jack Skeuse? It has a shorter LOP and the case was made to fit. The current owner is having a stock with a longer LOP made to fit the gun, he also of course has the original. I do have the serial number if that would help. My questions are: Did the factory do gold inlay on DHE's? Would the records show who this gun was ordered for and the original configuration? Did it leave the factory with the Briley tubes/chokes? The case was made to fit the chokes and a separate place for the Briley tubes. It is a Parker Reproduction case with the dust cover. The last question would be and the one that's most difficult for me to explain without much knowledge of Parker Reproductions is why would Jack Skeuse have a DHE with gold inlay, vs a BHE or A? I'm sure the family had some Parker Reproductions made for themselves.

I'm considering purchasing this, but would like as much verified as possible. Thanks in advance for your help.

Chris Travinski
03-22-2015, 10:43 AM
Richard Skeuse is a member here, look him up in the members list and send him a PM.

Chris Travinski
03-22-2015, 10:44 AM
Also, keeps us posted about what you find! :corn:

Rex Northen
03-22-2015, 12:12 PM
Looking forward to updates on this gun. Would love to see pics if they are available.

Jeff Davison
03-22-2015, 08:23 PM
I don't have any pics at this time. May get some this week.

Richard Skeuse
03-23-2015, 07:33 AM
Send me the serial number and a picture and I will find out what information we have on it. Thanks fellows

Richard Skeuse
03-23-2015, 07:35 AM
Send me the serial number and I will find out what I can for you.

Jeff Davison
03-23-2015, 08:20 AM
Thanks Richard, I sent you a PM with the information.

Jeff Davison
03-23-2015, 08:51 PM
As requested:

Dean Romig
03-23-2015, 09:07 PM
Wow - that's very nicely done!

Greg Baehman
03-23-2015, 09:36 PM
Jeff, the gun you're looking at appears virtually identical to one owned by Karl Ferguson, known here as "classicioi" that has gold inlays done by Angelo Bee. You can take a look for yourself by clicking on this link and then scroll down to the post made "classicioi".
http://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=6222

Richard Skeuse
03-24-2015, 07:59 AM
Good Morning Folks, Looking at this gun pictures and asking my brother Jack if it was his gun, I have some answers. The gun was not Jack's and we did not put tubes in it. That is some nice gold work though. Hope this helps some. Keep shooting them, and keep it safe.

Jeff Davison
03-24-2015, 08:28 AM
Thank you for the information, Richard. I appreciate your time and help with the gun.

Now, I'm trying to get to the value the owner places on the gun. Its a great gun, has fantastic case color, the original stock was upgraded to BHE checkering, the new stock is cut from a beautiful piece of walnut from Armenia and has BHE checkering as well. So it will have two complete sets of wood, gold inlays, Briley chokes and 410 inserts, the case has been reconfigured to hold all accessories including the 410 inserts and all chokes. Someone has spent money and cared for the gun, but does all this add value to a reproduction?

Richard Skeuse
03-24-2015, 08:34 AM
I have to ask Jeff, What does the fellow want for the gun? Then ask what is it worth to you. If you like it then buy it. If you are buying it for an investment than you have a gun that someone put a lot of money into ,why is he selling it now? just asking . Thanks

Greg Baehman
03-24-2015, 09:06 AM
Jeff, we discussed what altering Repros does to their value. For some insight as to what others think, check out this thread:

http://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=10983

At the end of the day, the worth or value of the gun you're looking at is exactly whatever a buyer is willing to pay -- to him or to her -- not necessarily to someone else.

Joe Bernfeld
03-25-2015, 10:39 PM
Cool gun! Also looks like some of the engraving may have been hand chased. I think the gold work on this one is much nicer than the one Angelo Bee did.