PDA

View Full Version : Hammer Ejector

Eldon Goddard
03-21-2015, 10:01 PM
Did any of the American gun makers make an ejector hammer gun? I have never heard of one it would be something to see a parker hammer ejector.

Brian Dudley
03-22-2015, 08:59 AM
This is all related to Parkers and their mechanisms. But I would think the same could apply to other American hammer gun makers. At least sidelock hammer guns.

I have put some thought to what it may take. The installation of ejector forend and ejector barrels on a hammer frame is straight forward, but what is more tricky would be the ejector trippers. Getting Something designed to activate the trigger the ejectors out the front of the frame and be driven by the hammers would be tricky.

Obviously you could make it so that the shells eject all the time, this making the ejectors non-selective. But who wants that?

Also you have the factor that if designed the same way that a hammerless gun is (by way of trips), the shells would eject every time when the hammers are un-cocked. But, there are plenty of times when hammers are uncocked on a hammer gun and the shells are still live. Thus you not wanting to have the shells eject of you open the gun at that time.

Chris Travinski
03-22-2015, 10:57 AM
I was thinking about this the other day too, non selective ejectors might be OK. I have an old H&R single shot, if you open the gun easily you can let the barrels hang free without tripping the ejector and it acts as an extractor, but if you snap it open the shell ejects. I have a set of Titanic steel barrels (with ejector for end) I'm saving for a rainy day hammer gun project, I've been thinking about all this stuff while I'm waiting for the right gun.

Dean Romig
03-22-2015, 11:20 AM
I'll be the first to admit that with gloves on it is a huge pain to try to grasp just the rim of a spent or even live shell from the breech of an extractor gun. A mechanism that pops the shells up at least enough to get a better grip on them would be nice. Even on my ejector guns I never allow the shells to just fly out of the gun - I always grab them before they fly.

Brian Dudley
03-22-2015, 06:50 PM
You just need a Loader Dean. That and a two gun set. No need to ever pull shells from the gun.