PDA

View Full Version : 12 ga barrels

Alton Anker
03-10-2015, 08:57 PM
Good evening to all
Thought I might take a chance on this !
I have a set of 12 ga repo barrels 28 in that are marked IC and mod I would like to trade for a set of 26 in barrels that are mod and full or if there was a set for sale I would buy them and find another project for the barrels I have thank you in advance for your time
Alton Anker

Greg Baehman
03-11-2015, 07:11 PM
You might be looking for a needle in a super jumbo-sized haystack with that request. You will be infinitely more likely to find a 12-ga. 28" M/F set of Repro barrels than a 26" M/F set.

Has anyone here ever seen a set of 12-ga. 26" M/F Repro barrels?

Michael Murphy
03-11-2015, 08:16 PM
I've never seen a 26" mod/full barrel for a Repro; 12ga or otherwise. However, when you ordered a Repro, you could apparently order whatever made your socks go up and down, so who knows?

Alton Anker
03-11-2015, 09:14 PM
Thank you for the imput if there is a sim chance of finding a set of barrels that are 28 in mod and full to trade or buy I would be happy with the 28 in barrels as well
Have a good evening
Alton Anker

jerry serie
03-13-2015, 03:58 PM
I don't have a set of 26" M & F barrels to trade, but I'm curious, whether your spare set of 12 gauge 28"barrels are marked for 2 3/4 & 3" chambers? Also, is this set serial numbered or unnumbered? Thanks.....Jerry

Alton Anker
03-13-2015, 09:47 PM
Jerry
Good to hear from you I looked at these barrels they are marked 3 in and I can't find a sr. No. On them they say overload proven Parker repo.
Alton Anker

Greg Baehman
03-13-2015, 10:02 PM
Alton, I have never seen your gun, but I can personally guarantee they are not stamped "repo" anywhere on them.

Are you originally from Michigan?

Alton Anker
03-13-2015, 10:18 PM
Repo is just an abbreviation for reproduction and they most defiantly do say Parker reproduction on them

Greg Baehman
03-14-2015, 07:00 AM
Oh, I thought repo was an abbreviation for something that has been repossessed and Repro with a capital R was used an abbreviation for a Parker Reproduction.

Are you sure you're not originally from Michigan, or at least have some close relatives living there? Because, they too (some Michiganders); have shown it challenging in getting their abbreviations correct when discussing Parker Reproductions. :knowbetter: :) (wink!)

jerry serie
03-14-2015, 08:59 AM
Alton,
I sent you a PM this morning. Please check.
Thanks......Jerry

Alton Anker
03-14-2015, 09:35 AM
Wild Skies
Thank you for your input I am sure it will change my day
Have a nice life

Joe Bernfeld
03-14-2015, 04:18 PM
Oh, I thought repo was an abbreviation for something that has been repossessed and Repro with a capital R was used an abbreviation for a Parker Reproduction.

+1. Greg's absolutely correct; "repro" is the abbreviation for reproduction, not "repo." He was just a smidge harsh in teasing you about Michigan. Don't take offense.

And by the way, the serial number will be underneath on the barrel flats where they rest on the action, next to o ne of the choke markings. It would be pretty unusual to find a set of 12 ga. Parker Repro. barrels with no serial number.