PDA

View Full Version : Repros parts interchangeable with Originals

Fred Lowe
12-28-2014, 08:32 PM
I was just rereading Nick Sisleys article on Parker Reproductions from February 1996 SHOTGUN SPORTS.

In the article he states "These are exact replicas of the originals, and I'm told that many parts are interchangeable".

I just tried putting the forearm from my 20 ga Repro on the 20 GHE, and vice versa. The Repro forearm would fit on the GHE, but the fore arm lever wouldn't close. When putting the GHE fore arm on the Repro, it simply would not fit on. Visibly they are somewhat different.

Does anyone have anything to offer as to the interchangeability of parts between guns?

Specifically I'm wondering what is the likelyhood that a Repro stock(straight) would fit an Original of the same gauge?

Greg Baehman
12-28-2014, 09:18 PM
Fred,
Parker Repros are a clone of a Remington-built Parker. There were some slight changes that Remington made to the Parker Bros. gun when ownership changed hands. The shape of the forend was one of these changes, as you can see the in pics you posted. I understand most, if not all parts are indeed interchangable, but do require fitting or can be made to fit--just like original Parker Bros. parts need to be fitted to Parker Bros. guns.

Perhaps Brian Dudley or others can verify what I just said or tell me that I'm wrong.

Kenny Graft
12-29-2014, 07:42 AM
Original Parker Bothers guns all parts were hand fitted, each gun is unique in itself. You will see most times that PB two barrels sets both sets of barrels have there own complete for-end. The barrels were just to different to have one for-end to fit both sets. As for the Repro's I own, several of my sets and gauges...more times than not barrels and for-end will interchange between guns of same frame size, that's how precise they were made! Do not expect them all to be able to interchange but many will....the 00 frame 28gauge guns seem to swap parts most of the time. My factory 410 barrels with the matching for-end will fit on all my 28gauge repro's that I have mated them up with...(-: I also have a Repro 12 gauge two trigger gun with 28" barrels. All my Parker/ PR working guns have double triggers. Well I never could find a steel shot special or sporting clays classic set with double triggers and had to buy them with SST. I was very happy when the barrels sets from these two guns snapped right on my double trigger frame and I could use either for-end interchangeably...... splinter or BT.... Wow was I happy!!! I have a useable three barrel set in 12ga. 28" 2 3/4 M/F, SS 28" 3" chamber ic/m and a sporting clays 28" 2 3/4 with 6 factory win chokes. I keep the maker cases and frames to the SS and SCC so as not to mess up the factory set down the road. Just some Parker repro trivia...thanks all SXS ohio

Brian Dudley
01-02-2015, 08:03 AM
Interchangability from one Repro to another repro is very good. However, repro to original and visa versa is a different story. All Meriden built guns were hand built and different from each other. Parts were machine made, but hand fitted. Stocks are always a crap shoot.

In the case of your forend swap scenario, even if your forend did actually install, the ejectors may not work properly.