PDA

View Full Version : Trigger Question

Dennis Abrams
12-11-2014, 07:55 AM
I'm sitting here looking at some guns and waiting for the ice/snow to clear off the roads so I can go pheasant hunting and this thought just popped in my head.

Is it possible to convert a single trigger Repro to a double trigger. Has anyone ever tried?

Dennis

Gerry Addison
12-11-2014, 08:15 AM
I've had two done by Keith Kearcher and they turned out well. You would never know they had ever been done except one of the slots for the trigger blade is longer because of the barrel selector from the single trigger. I believe Keith uses triggers from original Parkers. Hope this helps.

Greg Baehman
12-11-2014, 11:09 AM
I've had it done also, but in retropect I wouldn't do it again.
http://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=3216&highlight=CONVERSION

Brian Dudley
12-11-2014, 12:00 PM
The Parker (parker repro) style trigger requires minimal modification to the trigger plate as compared to a plate for a DT gun. So with a little work and the right parts, a DT convention can be done.

On original Parkers that have had aftermarket triggers such as millers installed, the trigger plate must be replaced in order to put it back to double triggers.

Joe Bernfeld
12-12-2014, 12:31 PM
I've had it done also, but in retropect I wouldn't do it again.
http://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=3216&highlight=CONVERSION

Greg, I read your thread from the link, and I can't figure out why you wouldn't do it again (the single to double trigger conversion). What makes you say that? I had Rich Cole do a conversion on a Beretta 687 EELL Diamond Pigeon and couldn't be happier.

Greg Baehman
12-12-2014, 01:47 PM
Joe, I'll send you a PM.

Fred Lowe
01-05-2015, 01:10 PM
What would be involved in switching triggers between a single trigger Repro and a double trigger Repro?
Swapping the single trigger to the double trigger gun, and the double triggers to the single trigger gun.

Dean Romig
01-05-2015, 03:56 PM
Modifications to the stock inletting for the single trigger and safety for the single trigger almost prevents the change without a good amount of stock filling in the voids.

Richard Flanders
01-05-2015, 05:54 PM
Much easier to buy a dbl trigger gun. They're not THAT rare....