PDA

View Full Version : New Parker Owner & Member.

Mike Stahle
03-05-2010, 09:28 AM
As of last evening I am now an official Parker owner.
This is my first forum post.
Parker GH 12ga. 30” barrels. Made in 1900.

Dean Romig
03-05-2010, 10:08 AM
Hey Mike, Welcome and congratulations!

Looks to be a real nice Parker. Please tell us more about it and yourself.

Damascus barrels, right? A lot of remaining case color too... nice.

Russ Jackson
03-05-2010, 11:13 AM
Hey Mike ,Welcome aboard, Very nice looking Parker ,I will be the first but not the last to warn you ,now that you have one ,the addiction begins !!!! Enjoy ! Russ:)

Dave Suponski
03-05-2010, 12:54 PM
Welcome Mike....Hang on buddy. Your in for a ride!

Mike Stahle
03-05-2010, 02:30 PM
Parker GH #1 frame light 12 1900 case color.
Description for G.B. Item #
This GH still has case color behind breeches, under top lever, on water table and on the for-end iron. Small #1 frame makes it feel like a 16. 30" Damascus barrels are choked Modified x Full and have excellent unpitted bores and 80%+ pattern still vividly visible. Chambers are 2 3/4" with extractors. Engraving on mostly silver receiver is very sharp. 14 1/4" Length of pull English walnut stock to a squished and very old Silvers correct period pad. Drop is 2" and 2 1/2". Wood, finish and checkering are all in very good condition and all finishes have matching and appropriate wear. This is a very honest all original condition old Parker that has survived in very good original condition. Very few handling marks for its age. Locks up tight and on face and all numbers match.

Thanks guys,
A couple of questions.
This morning I sent in for the PGCA Research Letter. Is that a good thing to have?
I am going to get a few boxes of RST shotshells, what shells should I try first?

Dean Romig
03-05-2010, 03:50 PM
Mike, a PGCA Research Letter could be a very good thing to have - depending on what information it will provide.

The choice of which RST shells to order depends a lot on what kind of shooting you intend to do.