PDA

View Full Version : PolyWad spreader results 28 ga

Chad Hefflinger
11-15-2014, 12:50 PM
I put a few shots on paper today with my 28 ga 28" mod/full
Shells used were Fiocchi golden pheasant nickel plated #7.5 1300 fps 7/8 oz and the PolyWad #8 3/4 oz 2 dram shots were taken from 16 yds
First pattern is the Fiocchi mod barrel

Chad Hefflinger
11-15-2014, 12:52 PM
Mod barrel with poly wad (pulled it a little high right)

Chad Hefflinger
11-15-2014, 12:54 PM
Full barrel with Fiocchi

Chad Hefflinger
11-15-2014, 12:55 PM
Full barrel with PolyWad

Kenny Graft
11-15-2014, 01:02 PM
You forgot the last Picture, full w/polywad....Great work you are doing......very interesting as I own several Parker repro,s in all gauges. They a wonderful guns! I see yours shoots ware it points...(-: Thanks all SXS ohio

Greg Baehman
11-15-2014, 01:17 PM
There isn't a snowball's chance in hell that I'd be grinding any metal out of those barrels with those patterns at that distance with those loads.

Do you know the actual constriction of each choke?

Chad Hefflinger
11-15-2014, 01:47 PM
You forgot the last Picture, full w/polywad....Great work you are doing......very interesting as I own several Parker repro,s in all gauges. They a wonderful guns! I see yours shoots ware it points...(-: Thanks all SXS ohio

Not too bad, It shoots a little lower than it looks down the rib, but I had my head on it pretty hard for these shots. I will shoot a few rounds of low gun skeet with the PolyWads and see how I do, but so far pretty happy with the results!

Chad Hefflinger
11-15-2014, 02:20 PM
There isn't a snowball's chance in hell that I'd be grinding any metal out of those barrels with those patterns at that distance with those loads.

Do you know the actual constriction of each choke?

That's how I see it also Greg, I want to do a little more patterning at 20 and maybe even 25 yds. I also want to try some different shells just to see, I think the Fiocchi's patterned pretty good! Others may shoot a little tighter?? I don't have an accurate way to measure the chokes, the gun shop guy where I bought it measured them at about .018/.028 but as I wached him do it I thought they were more like .021/.030
I am pretty happy with what I've seen so far, the way the Fiocchi's patterned in conjunction with the option of running spreaders in both or one of the barrels gives me lots of options.

Gerry Addison
11-15-2014, 11:55 PM
Try shooting a 3/4 oz RST low pressure load at slower speed.