PDA

View Full Version : No original trunk style case

Mark Riessen
03-27-2014, 09:10 PM
Want to tread lightly here. If you are looking at a otherwise nice condition repro that is for sale, how much would you discount the price if there is no case ? Have no history on the gun or where the original hard case went. Thank you all for any and all info or help. Mark

Dean Romig
03-27-2014, 09:28 PM
The gun is valued by itself unless it is advertised as "with case".

It is not "discounted" because a case doesn't come with it.

An original Repro case can be purchased separately on the internet. Generally, a case with it's zippered canvas cover, in very good condition should command a price of somewhere around $400.

ForrestArmstrong
03-28-2014, 09:31 AM
Here's a pretty good deal on one with red lining. Labels can be purchased from Jeff's Outfitters or Galazan.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rigid-Leather-Shotgun-Case-/171281273112?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27e128d118#ht_120wt_1238

Dean Romig
03-28-2014, 09:40 AM
Wow!.... That BIN price is a steal! That won't last long.

ForrestArmstrong
03-28-2014, 09:56 AM
Free shipping too !

Bob Jurewicz
03-28-2014, 10:08 AM
There have been many of these available from this seller. I have one and am not impressed. They state LEATHER but I have a hard time believing it is not vinyl.
Bob Jurewicz

Greg Baehman
03-28-2014, 11:55 AM
Here's a pretty good deal on one with red lining. Labels can be purchased from Jeff's Outfitters or Galazan.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rigid-Leather-Shotgun-Case-/171281273112?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27e128d118#ht_120wt_1238
If that's an original and genuine Parker Reproduction case, it doesn't look like any that I have ever seen before.

Bill Murphy
03-28-2014, 12:02 PM
Nope, that is no one's Repro case.

allen newell
03-31-2014, 09:51 AM
The original Parker Repro cases were made by an Italian company by the name of Emmebi. They sold me their last Parker Repro gun case label.

Bob Jurewicz
03-31-2014, 09:55 AM
If an original Repro case can't be found I like Jeff's Compact Toe Under all leather cases. Add a CSMC repro label and it is a good substitute.
Bob Jurewicz

ForrestArmstrong
04-14-2014, 12:47 PM
I bought one of those cheap cases off ebay. They are made in India, covering is thin grade leather, hardware sorta flimsy. Worst thing is the red lining, which I knew I was getting. My AYA will look OK in it, but I can't recommend.

chris dawe
04-15-2014, 07:03 AM
Like most of us here I love the old and old style case's ...I bought Jeff's basic and canvas and leather years ago and was really pleased,thick leather ,substantial canvas ,solid brass ...what more could I want ?...I ordered the exact same case last year for a customer and was very disappointed ,the interior straps were made of a leather akin to mouse hide ,the leather tabs on the case exterior straps pulled off the first time I installed the straps ....It was not the same quality by a long shot .

chris dawe
04-25-2014, 05:40 PM
Y' know guy's ,we surf the web ,we comment on this and that and sometimes don't realize that a passing thought while sitting at the PC then transferred through the keyboard don't just reach the few guys we think are looking at the thread ....and I of all people should realize that being in the business I'm in,that bad publicity could really hurt me .

When I made my earlier comment about Jeff's case quality ,I didn't finish it by saying I would most likely do business with him again ,which I should have and which I most definitely will ...his selection and price range is by far the best you can come across and I fully intend to case future projects with his offering's .

I should have also stated the situation with the case ,was never given the opportunity to be resolved ... because I never informed Jeff ,but because the job was completed on Christmas Eve ,I just glued the loose strap on ,the customer had no intention to use the case it was just a display piece at a price point that was very attractive to him ...to send it back meant more time ,and more money in shipping etc .He was fine with it

THIS IS SOMETHING I SHOULD HAVE MADE VERY CLEAR TO THE FORUM .

I was basically presenting a personal situation with no real thought as to the reach of my words and their effect on another .We can sometimes forget the 15 inches to the computer screen ,in reality travels thousands of miles in a second .

Jeff personally called me today ,he took the time to look up my order history and phone number ...he didn't call to rip me a new arse ,though he could have ...he called to pleasantly ask exactly what the issue was in detail so he could personally look through his stock for similar problems and report it to the manufacturer...he also expressed his desire to rectify the problem if at all possible ,but because my customers satisfaction with the case wasn't relayed in my first post Jeff had no idea it was already rectified ....I ask any of you here if you know of any other supplier of any other shooting related goods that would go through the trouble to do what he did today, and handle it the way he did .

I don't make too many comments on any forum I check into,I usually leave it to others better suited to the game ... Today I learned a valuable lesson ,one I should have realized beforehand,I apologized to Jeff today numerous times over the phone ,and I do the same to the fine folks here .

Jeffs Outfitters are a small one man show ,he offers products at an attractive price point,he genuinely cares about his products and the customers who buy them and he is vigilant to keep his product at the quality were all used to (my first case is a prime example ) and dealing with an overseas manufacturer can be understandably trying at times,but that's what he has to do on a weekly basis to keep his quality to what we the double gun consumer expect .

My apologies once again Jeff,and thank you for the call today .

Best,
Chris

allen newell
04-25-2014, 06:20 PM
Chris, that was a very nice note you wrote. I'm sure that many of us have been in this situation before. I think you knocked this one out of the park.

Ken Hill
04-25-2014, 06:43 PM
Chris,

Thanks for taking the time to post this.

Ken

Rob Greenside
04-25-2014, 09:17 PM
Chris,
You are obviously one of the respected here on this forum. Class act all around. Have a great weekend.

Bob Hardison
04-28-2014, 04:17 PM
Glad to see the post by Chris:bowdown:. I ordered one of Jeff's toe under cases. Jeff told me that his leather is not chrome tanned as the Parker repros are but thinks I will be happy with the quality. I have a repro and will compare the two. Bob Hardison

Dean Romig
04-28-2014, 10:44 PM
If anyone here has ever wondered what kind of a guy Chris Dawe is and might have wondered about how it might be difficult to deal with a stockmaker/gunsmith in Canada....
Worry no more! His post says it all....

Rob Greenside
05-01-2014, 09:06 PM
I also need another case for a repro 20 gauge. Bob, let us know how the quality compares when you have time. I'm sure it should be all good. Just getting harder to find a decent leather case nowadays......... Rob

Greg Baehman
05-01-2014, 09:55 PM
If I needed a case for a Parker Repro I wouldn't accept anything less than an original Parker Reproduction case furnished by Emmebi for the Repros. They are out there and become available from time to time. Vigilance and patience has its rewards.

Rob Greenside
05-02-2014, 10:10 AM
Will keep my eye open for one. Have never really seen one for sale, but then again, haven't really looked that hard.

Dean Romig
05-02-2014, 10:15 AM
They pop up every so often... I've bought a couple of them in the past.

John Farrell
05-02-2014, 06:10 PM
Having been a customer of Jeff's Outfitters for many years, and owning a few of his cases, I concur with Mr. Dawe's opinion of Jeff. The comment about dealing with overseas suppliers, who are not in direct contact with the eventual users of the products, makes the situation that Chris has hard to remedy. Obviously, Chris's customer is one of those rare birds that recognized Chris's dilemma and accepts that in life, there are risks.

Bob Hardison
05-02-2014, 07:44 PM
Got my toe under case from Jeff’s and am very pleased:). My Emmebi and Jeff’s are the only cases of this type that I have. The Emmebi leather is a flawless very smooth light tan leather. The leather on Jeff’s case is flawless to me and a smooth very very light burgundy (one of my favorite colors). Comparing the leather quality on them is almost like comparing the leather in a Ferrari to the leather in my Infiniti (Emmebi being the Ferrari). No one in my opinion does art, fabric or leather like the Italians. I am very happy with the leather in my Infiniti and also on Jeff’s case. The interior felt of Jeff’s case appears to be a nice green felt. The felt in the Emmebi appears to be more tightly woven in a different shade of green. The Emmebi has two exterior locks and Jeff’s has one lock. The attachments seem to be securely fastened. As far as quality construction, I do not know. Only time will tell. I would try to take my time to find an Emmebi repro for a Winchester repro gun (I missed one in this forum because of a slow trigger finger). Cases for other guns that I cannot find originals will be cased in Jeff’s and my other hard & soft cases for now. I’m ordering one more now and possibly more later. Will try to post photos next week. Thanks to all and hope my subjective opinion helps. Bob Hardison

Ray Alvey
05-02-2014, 10:39 PM
I may have a couple of Parker Reproduction cases in storage. Let me know if anyone is interested and I'll go through the storage locker and check. If I remember correctly they are the smaller gauge cases.

Rob Greenside
05-03-2014, 08:30 PM
Ray,
Let me know if you have one for a 20 ga., w/one set 28" barrels. I am traveling all month but will check here from time to time. Thanks, Rob

Bob Hardison
05-05-2014, 12:26 PM
Photos of Jeff's Toe Under Case as promised.
Thanks, Bob

Bob Hardison
05-05-2014, 12:38 PM
Try one more photo. Thanks, Bob

Dean Romig
05-05-2014, 12:54 PM
A very nicely made case - Thanks for the pictures.

Rob Greenside
05-05-2014, 01:23 PM
Bob,
Nice case indeed. What is the overall dimension from end to end of compartment where receiver/buttstock would fit? Reason I ask is that I may order one for a Ithaca 20 ga. 4E, and it has a lop of 15", so I wasn't sure if this would fit or not. Thanks, and nice pictures. All leather straps seem to be of decent thickness too.

Bob Hardison
05-05-2014, 02:32 PM
Rob, Yes I agree that it appears just as substantial as my Emmebi to me. I won't be home until Wednesday for measurements. This case was made for a 12ga/16ga with 28" barrels. I ordered it for a 16ga 28" Grulla as Jeff suggested. The Grulla has a 15" lop to the front trigger and fits well. I recommend that you call Jeff and ask him. As Chris said in his earlier post, Jeff cares about his customers and is easy to talk to. Regards, Bob PS: It fits my VHE 1 frame 16ga 28" also. Guess I'll have to get another.

Rob Greenside
05-06-2014, 09:00 AM
Bob,
Thanks for info. I will call Jeff to discuss. All the best,......Rob

Bill Murphy
05-06-2014, 01:01 PM
Parker Repro original cases are out there. Many more cases were made than guns. At the end of production, many cases showed up on the market, without guns. I bought a bunch and so did many other collectors. Unfortunately, all of mine found incestuous relationships with my guns, not Repros, but mostly small Parkers. They are a great case that can be found on the gun sites and by advertising on the "Wanted" section of this forum.

tom tutwiler
05-06-2014, 03:59 PM
Anyone know if they can provide a case that will take a sxs with two barrels? Not listed, but inquiring minds want to know. One of those barrels would be 32" long.

ForrestArmstrong
05-08-2014, 06:20 PM
www.eurochasse.com has some Parker Repro cases and some others as well.

Greg Baehman
05-08-2014, 06:54 PM
www.eurochase.com has some Parker Repro cases and some others as well.
Corrected link:
http://www.eurochasse.com/
However, I couldn't find any authentic Parker Repro cases with trade labels.

ForrestArmstrong
05-08-2014, 08:26 PM
Give him (Harry) a call. Still has a few unfinished A-1s too.

http://i59.tinypic.com/20jgxhz.jpg

Greg Baehman
05-08-2014, 08:59 PM
I am not trying to be argumentative at all Forrest, but the only cases in the pic above that appear to be authentic Parker Repro cases are the two on the lower right.

ForrestArmstrong
05-08-2014, 11:20 PM
You're right, not the same. Oh well, he didn't charge me extra for them.

http://i60.tinypic.com/2mc7czm.jpg

tom tutwiler
05-09-2014, 06:17 AM
Are there price lists on that website somewhere or am I missing something?

allen newell
05-09-2014, 06:50 AM
Tom, there are no prices listed on his web site. You have to call and speak with his assistant or the owner directly to get prices on their cases. I purchased one case from him. Cost about $195. He has others that are more expensive.

ForrestArmstrong
05-09-2014, 09:32 AM
No prices, gotta call him. Does have some nice shotguns from time to time, especially Win 21s. Those cases at $195 are a pretty good buy, better quality than the one I paid $250 on ebay. Don't like the red-maroon felt though, maybe he has green too.