PDA

View Full Version : gun show report

charlie cleveland
03-08-2014, 03:57 PM
went to the gun show at tupelo today..i took my grand daughter this was her first gun show..first report there was not a single parker there..2 lc smiths were seen in very poor condition..priced at 2 times their worth..seen lots of black guns and rifles i guess their here to stay..there were several winchester single shot 22 s there today and priced in the 150 area and some were really nice..seen a 22 410 stevens with the plastic stock priced at 350 thought this was a good buy it looked real good..seen several browning a-5 s some nice some not so but several priced in the 650 range.seen one remington double barrel 1900 model but the stock and barrel had been cut off and tobad it had been a nice gun..ammo was still high especially the 22s...seen a box of 351 auto loading shells they were collector shells but i passed on them at 75 dollars..finally i found some thing i could buy some 10 ga slugs the 3 1/2 inch job s i got them for 8 for a box of 5...bought 4 boxes i guess i should have bought more he had 6 more boxes and a box of steel shot in the 10 ga at 20 dollars... no powder or shot of any kind at the show... well my grand daughter seemed to enjoy the gun show i asked if she would come back with me she said yes...a old gent of about 80 who was one of the gun dealers told her she was very pretty..she thanked him for the comment as we were coming home i told her if that older gentleman had been 60 or 70 years younger we would have to have watched him..this kinda got her...but she laughed it off...i am prond of her i hope she will take up shooting the parkers some day...charlie

John Campbell
03-08-2014, 04:32 PM
Charlie:
I hope your grand daughter does enjoy a bit of shooting as she grows. Or at least understand our sport and defend the rights of those who do partake. It is young people who will determine if Americans still have a chance to shoot 50 years from now.

wayne goerres
03-08-2014, 09:44 PM
Hi Charlie. I have gotten to were I like to shoot some of the black guns. A friend of mine sold me an AR about six months ago. He congratulated me on my first modern gun. ( not sure what that meant ). since then I have bought a 50BMG and a 338 lupua mag.

Harryreed
03-09-2014, 10:55 AM
I have a Chiappa .22 upper I put on a New Frontier lower. Less then $300 total. My daughter and her friends love to plink with it. They try to shoot the bottom out of a 20 oz plastic bottle through the top opening. They have a ball. The rifle is light and the adjustable butt stock length can be changed for each shooter. Black rifles have a place just like the classics.