PDA

View Full Version : Parker 28 gage repro info

lee r moege
02-21-2014, 03:53 PM
I am attempting to sell my Perazzi MX20 and have posted I would accept a trade of a 28 gage side by side preferably a Parker Repro. What is the approximate weight of such a gun, and who will work on one with a single trigger if needed. I owned a 20 gage double trigger straight grip a few years ago and I am aware of the "disappearing" color case and it seems I heard there was some problems with the single trigger versions also. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks, Lee.

Greg Baehman
02-21-2014, 05:12 PM
Most 28-ga. Repros will weigh between 5 lbs. 8 oz. and 5 lbs. 12 oz. depending upon configuration, wood density and barrel length. Yes, you may find examples an ounce or two one way or the other of that range.

Most of the single trigger issues you may have heard about have been resolved with a simple cleaning. Virtually any experienced gunsmith versed in fine doubles should be able to handle that. I will wait to hear who others might recommend for mechanical issues as I haven't had any experience going down that road.

lee r moege
02-21-2014, 06:42 PM
Thanks Greg. That's what I was hoping to hear! I have been doing this stuff for 60 years and have been in many Parkers and others. Most of all my collection was sold last year after my last open heart surgery and I don't currently own a single Parker, and it hurts!! I'm trying to get back a little! Thanks, Lee.

Joe Bernfeld
02-21-2014, 11:18 PM
Sorry to correct you, but with all due respect, it's "gauge," not "gage" :bigbye:.

lee r moege
02-23-2014, 04:33 PM
I stand humbly corrected! To much throwback to my toolmakers apprenticeship. Shucks most of us couldn't probably read or spell anyway! Lee:rotf:

John Dallas
02-23-2014, 04:58 PM
Either one is better than "guage" in my book.

Bill Murphy
02-26-2014, 06:22 PM
Lee, how did you sell your guns?

lee r moege
02-26-2014, 06:53 PM
Bill: We have in Topeka, KS Kull auction which was formerly owned by Jim Supica and Dan Kull before Jim went to the NRA Museum. They have an online/catalog auction and have sold many high grade guns without the big advertising/commissions of the BIG boys. They have sold a lot of guns that were upscale for most of us "plowboys" but not the Parker A 1 Special class. Just a good auction for way above average but not Petersen collection stuff. I was very satisfied with the results of my auction, but it just ain't the same without Jim and his connections. I would like to sell/trade my Perazzi MX 20 / Pachmayr for a Parker 28 gauge that I want for a field gun and draw back a couple bucks for a charity I support. I tried to trade for a 28 gauge Parker repro with Jaqua's that was priced at $4295. I listed my Perazzi on Trapshooters.com for $5900.00 to allow for an inflated trade price knowing, what I was looking for had a MSRP of $4075.00 and a street price of $3350 everywhere. They wanted to cut my price, give me 75% of it ask full price for theirs, and want $900 difference their way. The day I trade a Perazzi/Pachmayr (one on 147) and give boot for a used Parker Repro is my wifes decision after she kills me!! Thanks for the note! Lee.:rotf: