PDA

View Full Version : Parker Repro Advertising

Matt Buckley
01-20-2014, 03:34 PM
I have found a couple of Parker Reproduction ads that are not in the collection of Parker Repro ads and catalogs on this website. These came from Game Journal and Game Country from the late 80's and early 90's. A friend gave me a stack of these magazines and I have found a few of them with Parker Repro ads. A couple of the ads were on the inside of the back cover.

Mark Callanan
01-21-2014, 06:28 AM
Wow thats neat.....

Richard Skeuse
01-21-2014, 11:02 AM
Thanks Matt that brought back many fine memories. We did our own ads. The Christmas ad was out own ornaments and name tags. We wrote all the wording etc. it was fun while it lasted

Richard Skeuse
01-21-2014, 11:06 AM
Oh the Goose call is from our wood company, Calico Hardwoods in California, where the stocks came from. The call was made by Howard Harlan in Nashville, Tn.

Matt Buckley
01-21-2014, 02:50 PM
Glad to bring back the memories. I don't own one of your reproductions but I hope to in the near future. I have two friends who own repro 28's and they are great handling and beautiful guns.

Rich Anderson
01-21-2014, 06:21 PM
While looking for some older Parker Pages I had run across while looking for something else I found a couple of catalogs for the Parker Reproduction. I have had several including a 28ga two barrel set. i preferred the 28 over the 20 for handeling ability but all the guns I had came with very nice wood.

John Knobelsdorf II
02-26-2023, 06:44 AM
Reoriented.

Greg Baehman
02-26-2023, 08:58 AM
Something that adds a little mystique for some to high-grade Parker Reproductions is the differing treatments to the cheek checkering of the A-1 Specials shown above. One has the more customarily found fleur-de-lis, the other is sans this embellishment - which is more typical of the BHE-grade. Having said this, you’ll find a few A-1 Specials that do not have the fleur-de-lis. The addition or ommiting of the fleur-de-lis, I presume, was at the whim of the craftsman doing the checkering.

Bill Murphy
02-26-2023, 05:35 PM
Where on this site is our collection of Repro paper? Thanks.