PDA

View Full Version : Repro engraving enhanced?

Kenny Graft
01-18-2014, 08:06 AM
Anyone her had the engraving enhanced by hand? I would like to have one hand engraved to better match the original dogs, birds engraving. Then have Brad recolor the metal, properly do the wood. I think that would be a really nice up-grade without spending big bucks. I would think 3500.00 or less total. SXS ohio...(-:

Rich Anderson
01-19-2014, 12:32 PM
I know that it's been done befor and the results were very good. You have a great idea and with having it recased it would be a nice addition. You might contact Robert Strosin at www.resengraving.com he did Gunner's Gun and it came out wonderfull. There are pics of it under a thread titled Gunner's Gun if you would like to see his work.

Larry Frey
01-19-2014, 01:20 PM
Kenny,
There was a thread with pictures a couple of years ago were they not only enhanced the engraving but just the addition of mullerd boarders made a big difference in the guns overall appearance. Use the search feature and perhaps you can bring up that old thread.

Chris Travinski
01-19-2014, 03:31 PM
Chuck Bruner had a few refinished a few years back, they had the dog looking back in front of a split rail fence on the floor plate, the rest of the engraving was chased out by hand. I don't know who did the case colors, but they looked great with a lot of vibrant blue color.

Bill Murphy
01-20-2014, 11:34 AM
The gun Chuck offered was very nice. I don't remember who did the work.

Chris Travinski
01-20-2014, 11:48 AM
I asked him who did the case colors, but he didn't know who his gunsmith used. I would say it had to be DTR.