PDA

View Full Version : DHE 16 with high solid rib-any info available?

Bill Davis
12-03-2013, 08:54 AM
I recently acquired a DHE 16 ga. on the one frame with a Miller SST. The number is 231081. No records appear to be available. I'd like to learn what I can about the raised solid rib that is on this gun. I've not seen one before except on a Pigeon gun. Can anyone shed some light on this type rib? In addition, this gun has a sharper curved (radius) pistol grip, which is different from every other Parker I've owned over the years. It feels totally different when you bring the gun to your shoulder! Your wrist is almost straight up and down. Thanks for all your help and Happy Holidays!! PS--I'm not sure why my photos load in upside down. They are right side up on my computer when I look at them!

Bill Murphy
12-03-2013, 08:57 AM
The high, flat, solid rib is not limited to pigeon guns. It was an option that could be ordered on any gun. Orders I have seen for this rib don't seem to have an extra charge for this rib. I'm not sure, however, that some orders don't show a charge.

Ed Blake
12-03-2013, 09:03 AM
I think the flat rib was a matter of personal choice more than anything other consideration. Flat ribs are cool, and they do tend to elevate the sight picture more. I'm not sure why we don't see more of them. I have a flat-rib DH with a grip identical to yours. It's a very comfortable shooter. What are the lengths of the barrels? I assume it is a #1 framed gun?

Bill Davis
12-03-2013, 09:15 AM
Yes it is a #1 frame gun with 26 inch barrels. It's a great bird gun bored .005--.010.

Eric Eis
12-03-2013, 10:35 AM
I have a straight grip DHE 8 ga with a flat rib and it letters. Why someone would order that is your guess.....:shock:

edgarspencer
12-03-2013, 12:14 PM
I find the checkering pattern at the bottom of the pistol grip interesting. The radius at the front is similar to most DH PG guns, but the rear edge seems to radius up more than the typical pattern, which runs straight back. It appears to be a longer PG, which may have been special order for someone with large hands.

Daryl Corona
12-10-2013, 07:44 AM
My DHE 20, with 32" barrels and a straight grip, 235764 also has a raised flat rib. It's interesting that so far in this thread that all the flat ribs have been D grades in the 230xxx range. Any other grades out there with flat ribs and in this serial # range? Eric and Ed, what are the first three digits of your guns?

Dean Romig
12-10-2013, 07:52 AM
Daryl, I have seen Parkers with flat ribs on several of the grades from VH through AH and I would suspect there are AAH guns with this feature as well. Maybe even an A1S or two - who knows? I remember a very nice BH twelve gauge with 32" barrels and an orange pad for sale a few years ago. The seller had it for sale for a few years that I remember.

Ed Blake
12-10-2013, 08:33 AM
Daryl - I have two D-grade flat ribbed guns. Both start with 99xxx and made in 1900. I have seen one CHE flat rib with Bernard barrels. It is one great gun.

E Robert Fabian
12-11-2013, 09:17 PM
My DHE 20, with 32" barrels and a straight grip, 235764 also has a raised flat rib. It's interesting that so far in this thread that all the flat ribs have been D grades in the 230xxx range. Any other grades out there with flat ribs and in this serial # range? Eric and Ed, what are the first three digits of your guns?

Here is my 1901 CH

Dean Romig
12-11-2013, 09:18 PM
Hey Bob... WOW!!

Chris Travinski
12-11-2013, 09:20 PM
Daryl, Do you have any pictures of your gun?

Bill Murphy
12-12-2013, 04:09 PM
The CHE pictured in TPS was in the gun store where I worked in Bethesda, MD for long enough for one of us to have bought it. It was in the mid 230000s and high condition.