PDA

View Full Version : NEW Distinguished Service Award Thread

Dean Romig
01-04-2010, 03:38 PM
We recently discovered that through a technical problem generated by a third party mail server we may have lost (unrecoverably) any DSP Awards nominations submitted since mid-October.

We had presumed that the lack of submissions was due to members' attention focused on hunting seasons and the holidays but when I received a couple of nominations PMed to me recently I went to the home page and submitted them so I would receive the e-mail nominations. Days later I still hadn't received the e-mail nominations so we (Robin Lewis, John Dunkle and myself) began investigating and Robin and John found the problem.

The problem has been resolved and tested and the nomination ballot submission feature works perfectly now. If you had nominated someone for the Distinguished Service Award between October 19 and January 3, 2010 please resubmit the ballot.

Thank you for your patience,
Dean

Dave Suponski
01-04-2010, 03:59 PM
Dean,Did you get mine? I really don,t remember when I sent it in.

Dean Romig
01-04-2010, 05:09 PM
Got yours Dave - you sent it on Oct 18th.

Dean Romig
03-11-2010, 02:55 PM
Just to reiterate, the Distinguished Service Award nomination function is currently operational.

Simply navigate to the Home Page, click on Awards & Recognitions, then click on the Nomination Form and Submit hyperlink, fill in the simple nomination form and submit it.

We still only have about a half-dozen nominees. There must be someone or a couple of PGCA members whom you believe have earned this distinction so please let us know who you would like to see recognized at the Annual Banquet for their dedication.

Thanks, Dean

Larry Frey
03-11-2010, 03:20 PM
Dean,
Is a list of current reciepients posted anywhere?

Dean Romig
03-11-2010, 03:23 PM
Current recipients from last year's awards ceremony? If yes, the Autumn issue of Parker Pages listed them. I'll check to see if they are posted anywhere on this website.

Robin Lewis
03-11-2010, 03:39 PM
Yes, it is on the web. At www.parkerguns.org (http://www.parkerguns.org) and click on the "Awards & Recognition" button and then follow the "Distinguished Service Honor Roll" link. Or, click on the link in this post, Distinguished Service Honor Roll (http://parkerguns.org/forums/../pages/Awards/AwardsRecognitionHonorRoll.html) .

Dean Romig
03-11-2010, 04:58 PM
Thanks Robin :bowdown:

Dave Suponski
06-08-2010, 10:40 PM
Gentlemen, As it is already June and September is not that far off we are asking for a few more nominations for the PGCA Distinguished Service Pin Award.

Come on fellas..There has to be someone that you think is worthy.

Please bear in mind that current BOD members are not considered eligible.

Also the nominating commitee of Myself,Dean Romig and Chris Lien have no voting privliges.

Dave Suponski
08-31-2010, 06:21 PM
We of the DSP committee are still in need of nomination's for this year's awards to be delivered at the annual meeting. Tomorrow is Sept 1st. so time is running short.

Come on guy's get involved! There must be someone that you feel deserves recognition among his peers...

All it takes is a click of the finger.(See above post)

Dean Romig
08-31-2010, 07:59 PM
Thanks Dave.

Folks, please send your nominations as soon as possible by any of the methods shown above. Time is running out and considering the fact that the DSP citation must be sent to a professional printer and then on to a calligrapher to apply the names of the recipients... we're looking at a deadline of a week and no more than two weeks from today to close nominations for the 2010 DSP awards.

We have only eight nominees to date and only one of these gentlemen has more than one entry. So please get your nominations in soon. The awards will go to the two members who receive the greatest number of entries.

Thank you all for supporting this worthwhile program. It is your chance to bring public acclaim to the gentlemen whom you believe really deserve to be recognized for their unselfish dedication to the PGCA.

Dean Romig
09-14-2010, 10:24 AM
This is the last call for nominations for the Distinguished Service recognition award.

We can accept nominations only until midnight, Thursday September 16. On Friday morning the citation documents will be sent to the calligrapher.

In case we haven't been clear on the process for nominations, there is no list of names posted anywhere that members can choose from as in the "Parker of the Month" photo contest. The members who's names are submitted are those people whom, in your own mind, are the most deserving of recognition through their deeds.

Thank you all.

Dean Romig
09-18-2010, 09:44 PM
All is Said and Done

You Have Made Your Selections

Keep Your Eye on the PGCA Website
For The Announcement of the DSP
Recognition Award Recipients

Results Will Also Be Published in the
Next Issue of Parker Pages

Thanks for Your Participation

Jim Thynne
04-20-2011, 01:10 AM
Oscar Gaddy, George Flaim

Jim Thynne
04-20-2011, 01:13 AM
Lawrence Del Grego

Dean Romig
04-20-2011, 06:05 AM
Thanks Jim, I'll enter those three names as nominees.

Nominations are encouraged at this time and can be made to either myself at dsromig@aol.com or by PM or they can be made to Chis Lien either by PM or at csl@spro.net.

Dave Suponski told me last evening that he would tender his official resignation, effective May 1, due to the fact that he will be a member of the Board of Directors on that date and as such, will be disqualified to serve on the DSP committee. Thank you for your service Dave, but you can still make nominations as any BOD member can.
We are attempting to recruit another person to serve in Dave's absence - I'm just waiting for his answer.

Dean

Bill Murphy
07-23-2011, 12:16 PM
Contrary to the title of this thread, most postings on here refer to 2010 nominations. Go to the other Distinguished thread for the latest info. Maybe Dean could delete this thread.

John Dunkle
07-23-2011, 05:42 PM
Well Bill..? How about if I close THIS thread and make the NEW thread the sticky? Would that be OK with you?

;)

John