PDA

View Full Version : Parker Trojan with 2.75 inch chambers

Carl Williams
10-15-2013, 05:04 PM
I have purchased a Parker Trojan with (I am told) 2.75 inch chambers. Sounds funny but I saw the gun a few years ago and noticed that it was 95% and made an offer which was refused. I recently met the fellow again and inquired about the Parker Trojan. He assured me that it had not ever been re-blued or refinished in any way. I made an offer again that was accepted. Even though I had not seen the gun in ten years I was willing to take the chance. He takes very good care of his guns and said that he had never fired the gun but assured me it was 2.75 chambers. damn...Gun looks more than 95%. so I took a gamble. He delivers the Parker next trip up.

My question is how many Parkers were made with 2.75 in chambers? And were there any solid (non damaicus or twist) barrels on late parkers. I'm mainly a model 12, model 21 and Winchester collector.

Bill Murphy
10-15-2013, 05:52 PM
Most late Parkers were NOT Damascus or Twist. Many solid chamber gauges will measure an original 2 5/8" Parker chamber as 2 3/4". It isn't something you should worry about. You should worry about the originality of the finish on the gun you are buying, as well as the price you are paying.