PDA

View Full Version : Question on Parker Barrels and Frame Size

Elliott Rickenbaker
09-03-2013, 10:23 AM
There is Parker DH 12 gauge for auction at the Amoskeag later this month. Unfortunately, it has met an ill fate. I will let you read the description of the item 118 on their website and decide for yourself. Its estimated selling price is 700-900 dollars.

Here is the question: The description states it is a #2 frame with a two sets of barrels, one is 30 inches and the other is 26 inches if I remember correctly. For you that are the real experts and assuming the barrels have not been abused as well, is it possible with work by a accomplished gunsmith to fit barrels as an additional set from a #2 frame DH 12 gauge to a #3 frame DH 12 gauge, which has Damascus barrels? From what I understand about frame size, the distance apart from the firing pins should be about a 1/16 inch greater on the #3 frame than the #2 frame but I suspect there are other differences in dimensions as well on the two frames.

Thanks,

Elliott

Brian Dudley
09-04-2013, 03:25 AM
No,
2 frame barrels cannot be fitted to a 3 frame. Not only would firing pin centers not line up, the width across the breech on the outside is very different as well.

Bill Murphy
09-04-2013, 08:16 AM
The stock is broken. Once you salvage the barrels, there is nothing left to part out. I would guess the barrels are bad.

Kevin McCormack
09-05-2013, 09:11 AM
"The Horror; the horror......"