PDA

View Full Version : Last Read post on a thread

John Dallas
06-15-2009, 06:08 PM
I like the new format, but have one question. Is it possible to change a setting so that you are taken automatically to the last read posting, as used to be in the old forum? I see that there is a button( ? ) which you can click on to to that, but it would be easier if we were directed to the last read post autiomatically. Thanks.

John Dallas

John Dunkle
06-15-2009, 06:35 PM
Hi John,

Actually - it's the same as on the old forum where the "time-out" on the Cookie will redirect you to the newest post.? I can shorten that on this server (as the server resides a whopping 3 feet from where I am typing this ;) ).. But, before I do - what are you using for a browser and do you have a proxy server holding your cookies?

Best to you!

John

John Dallas
06-15-2009, 07:47 PM
I'm using MSN which I believe is powered by IE. Not sure about cookies. Sorry to be such a computer dufus (doophus?)

BTW, you might be interested in a video of my son-in-law's 996T which has finally gotten running after about 2 years of build delays.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owjwkeN-e40

John Dunkle
06-15-2009, 07:59 PM
Hey John!

No problem! Yep - I can fix that time-out using no-cache headers, which I'll set up in a minute... BTW..???

How the heck did you know I was a Porsche geek??!! ;)

For the rest - yep - in this forum - you can EMBED videos in line, as I hacked the forum code to allow it.. Sort of like this (just press the play button - and the video will play in-line) ;)

owjwkeN-e40

Best to you

John Dunkle
06-15-2009, 08:02 PM
And I just watched the embedded video again....

OHH MYYY!!!

I love Porsches..!!!!!!

Also - your son-in-law is absolutely invited to come to my house.. I have 3 porsches and drive many of the tracks in NE...

Damn great vid John! Thanks for sharing!

John

John Dunkle
06-15-2009, 08:10 PM
As well....

The cookie on your end will expire in 300 seconds, so any thread you don't re-visit in that time frame - all the new "posts" will appear as "new" and your browser should go directly to those, OK?

Best to you..!

John

John Dallas
06-17-2009, 09:13 AM
John - Still not working as described. Anything I should be doing on my end? Thanks

John Dallas
07-23-2009, 02:55 PM
John - Still not being directed to the first new post. Will tell my son-in-law about your offer. He owns a premium car shipping company, and often is in the Northeast. He grew up on Mass.