PDA

View Full Version : Newman with a Twist

Maurice Newman
06-28-2013, 12:00 PM
From family, I recently received a Parker #1 Twist in 12 ga., S/N 466XX. From my point of view, it is in overall good condition but missing the left-hand hammer. Anyone know a parts person I can contact? Any help would be appreciated. Cell phone: 402-957-7400. Thank you. Maurice

Rick Losey
06-28-2013, 12:50 PM
welcome to the board

a single hammer that matches your remaining one is a really tough search, we see the request often.

if you post a good picture of the remaining hammer you might luck out. you also might watch places like ebay for a set from a parts gun and that way they will match.

Robin Lewis
06-28-2013, 04:31 PM
You may have better luck looking for a pair of matching hammers. They are available from time to time, I know one person that found a set on Ebay. Good luck in the search!

wayne goerres
06-28-2013, 07:26 PM
I hope that you took the missing hammer into account when you purchased the gun. A set of matching hammers is tuff to come buy and expensive. Expect to pay 100.00 to 150.00 if your lucky. Hammers also have serial that match the rest of the gun.

Rick Losey
06-28-2013, 08:21 PM
I hope that you took the missing hammer into account when you purchased the gun. A set of matching hammers is tuff to come buy and expensive. Expect to pay 100.00 to 150.00 if your lucky. Hammers also have serial that match the rest of the gun.

i think he was saying it is a family gun-

Maurice, we like to see pictures if you can post some.

As many of us have said, hammers are not easy to find, but it can happen. And if the gun is in good shape and you would like to get it shooting, you can always try to find a set of reproduction hammers that might fit. That depends on the throw and would take some fitting by a gunsmith

What are the bores like?

wayne goerres
06-28-2013, 09:24 PM
My apologies. I should read a little more carefully.

Maurice Newman
06-30-2013, 03:18 PM
Thanks for all the replies. I'll get photos ASAP and extend the search to E-bay. The $100.00 or more price tag is doable for the right pieces. The idea of a pair is great! Thanks again. Maurice
P.S. This is a very clean shotgun, rust patina is very small, and bores are bright and clean. I will check the chokes-- Full, Med, etc.