Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Value of PARKER SHOTGUN
Unread 05-07-2010, 09:27 PM   #1
Tom Pelick
Forum Associate

Member Info

Default Value of PARKER SHOTGUN

I have 12 GAUGE PARKER DOUBLE BARREL SHOTGUN WITH HAMMERS. IT HAS A SERIAL NUMBER OF 2921 AND HAS A LAMINATED BARRELS. THE GUN IS IN FAIR CONDITION, BUT WILL NEED SOME CLEANUP TO RESTORE IT COMPLETELY.
OTHER MARKINGS ARE "PARKER", "18.2", AND WHAT APPEARS TO BE ELG WITH A CIRCLE AROUND IT. ALSO THE WORD "BELGIUM" IS ON IT. THIS WAS HANDED DOWN BY MY FATHER WHO WAS BORN IN 1903.

CAN ANYONE COMMENT ON THE VALUE OF THIS GUN?
Tom Pelick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2010, 09:44 PM   #2
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Thanked 33,039 Times in 12,321 Posts

Hello Tom...

Go back to the parkerguns.org home page and click on Parker FAQs on the lower left of the screen. The top selection "Is my gun a Parker" (or something like that) will help you to know what you have. However, we do not have a whole lot of information on these Belgian knockoffs of Parker Bros. shotguns as they were generally cheaply made guns capitalizing on the Parker name and were imported by the thousands. They are not the guns we study and collect.
Dean Romig is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2010, 09:58 PM   #3
Drew Hause
Forum Associate

Member Info

Thanked 3,761 Times in 1,245 Posts

I'm sorry Tom, but your gun is a lower quality Belgian made Tradename gun and in no way connected to Parker Brothers of Meriden, Conn. Tens of thousands of similar guns were imported between the 1890s and beginning of World War I, and were engraved with the name of a well recognized maker in the hope of confusing the purchaser. Other examples include the Sam Holt, W. Richards, and T. Barker and images may be seen here http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/album/view/20091267
As a family legacy it is of course priceless; as a sporting arms it has very little value and you should not attempt to shoot the gun with ANY load.
Drew Hause is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Drew Hause For Your Post:
Visit Drew Hause's homepage!