Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

PGCA Booth at Greenwich Show
Unread 01-11-2010, 05:46 PM   #1
Greg Miller
Forum Associate

Member Info

Default PGCA Booth at Greenwich Show

Bravo Zulu to Dean, Dave, Robin, Larry, Austin and Tom for putting together the PGCA booth at the Greenwich Show. With four tables, the PGCA table covers/banner and beautiful gun racks with a fine collection of Parkers, it was the stand out collection of guns at the 2010 show. I even saw a certain Fox Director sporting a Parker logo (after Dave quietly stuck it to the back of his jacket).

If we do this again, however, either Larry needs to leave his 20ga AHE at home, or we need to get me a blind fold. All Parkers are special, a few are just magic. That is a pretty Parker. And, the custom case is more than ok.

Robin came in with a superb collection of Hammer guns. I doubt that there was a finer looking rack of hammer guns in the old Parker Mansion. Dave brought along a collection of trap and skeet guns. AAHE, AHE, BHE, CHE, DHE... It was a stunning display of Parker models.

Saturday evening several of us got together with a noted authority on hunting stories, a Mr. Jack Daniels from Tennesee. The good gentleman has aged well and was enjoyed by all.

Well done. Thanks to all who put in the hard work. It was a class act.
Greg Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2010, 05:58 PM   #2
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Thanked 33,226 Times in 12,373 Posts

I must say that the PGCA tables and fine display of Parkers was greatly enhanced by Greg's own laptop set up on the corner of the table with a PowerPoint presentation of photos of fine Parkers and great shots of different shoot destinations we all have enjoyed together. That rolling presentation of photos really did a lot to show visitors what a lot of fun collecting and shooting these fine old guns can be.

Thank you very much Greg.
Dean Romig is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2010, 06:15 PM   #3
Double Play
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 2,770 Times in 635 Posts

When Greg says the PGCA had the best display of fine guns at the show it's not an exaggeration. Thanks to Robin we had every grade of hammer gun covered and a couple of nice 16 gage hammers Dean brought along. And hammerless guns ranged from Trojan to a beautiful 16 gage grade 7 that drew a lot of attention. Greg did a fine job of putting together a video presentation that he looped on his lap top which added a nice touch to the whole presentation. We managed to sign up a few new members and hopefully sparked an interest in others. And many thanks to Dave for organizing the whole thing and making it happen.
Larry Frey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2010, 07:11 PM   #4
Autumn Daze
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 4,048 Times in 1,727 Posts

I just want to say Thank You to Dean,Larry and Robin for bringing some great Parkers to display.Also to Greg for a great Power point presentation that was a real show stopper! It really caught alot of attention.Other folks that came and lent their support were Austin,Allan Swanson,Tom Wooden and Jim Malone.

As far as the show itself I think it was a reflection of our dismal economy.Vendors were down 25% and attendance was not what it has been in years past. But a few nice Parkers showed up for our viewing pleasure and good time was had by all.I even helped one of the Fox Collectors board members buy a nice SC Trap gun!

The PGCA display was by far the best in the show and it was only accomplished by the work of all who stepped up.Thanks Guys....Now if we can get Mr.Romig to post some pictures...

Last edited by Dave Suponski; 01-11-2010 at 07:22 PM..
Dave Suponski is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2010, 07:39 PM   #5
Bill Murphy
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 8,861 Times in 4,750 Posts

Thanks to all who participated and showed their Parkers. It has always been a great show and will be next year. Dave, the Fox guys have more Parker singles than we do. We'll have to get busy.
Bill Murphy is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2010, 07:48 PM   #6
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Frey View Post
And many thanks to Dave for organizing the whole thing and making it happen.
Yes Larry, Dave spearheaded the PGCA presence at this show and it was a grand success by anyone's standards. Thank you Dave.

Now, to post a few pictures . . .

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 001.JPG (198.1 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg 006.JPG (230.9 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg 016.JPG (215.0 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg 002.JPG (203.1 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg 012.JPG (154.0 KB, 27 views)
Unread 01-11-2010, 08:14 PM   #7
Ed Blake
PGCA Member

Member Info

What kind of gunshow is that? No beef jerky or pink samurai swords.
Ed Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2010, 08:26 PM   #8
Double Play
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 2,770 Times in 635 Posts

Bill,
I know you like to keep track of small bores so it's worth a mention that Robin Hollow displayed a AHE .410 with a very late serial number. I believe it was 242??? I don't remember the full number but I'm sure someone does. The gun was Runge engraved and had Remington cyanide colors. As you might have guessed the number is not recorded which automatically leads to questions of authenticity. I handled the gun for quite a while and in my opinion the gun is one of two things. It's either a very late Remington gun or a Del Grego/Runge gun that was either put together with left over parts or an upgrade. If it were my gun I would talk with Babe as he is perhaps the only person who could authenticate this gun. The gun is in virtually new condition and if it could be proven to be a late Remington gun it would be very interesting to see what the price tag would be.
Larry Frey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2010, 08:27 PM   #9
Autumn Daze
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 4,048 Times in 1,727 Posts

None of that stuff Ed. But they did have 8oz. burgers and fry's for $20.00..
Unread 01-11-2010, 08:33 PM   #10
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

As I recall, the AHE .410 was numbered 242053. Jim Malone will correct me if I'm wrong.
If it can be authenticated as original it would be the steal of the century at the POR quoted.