Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Unread 03-17-2019, 08:01 PM   #11
John Stickney
Forum Associate

Member Info

Thanks for the comments. I need to get some better photos using an actual camera instead of my crappy cell phone pics. I guarantee it is in all original condition with matching serial numbers without modifications. I'll have to get the measurements too. I know the history of that shotgun well and know where it sat for 20 years before sitting in my safe the the past 25 years. What I think makes it even better is I know who owned in, have very old photos of it being used, etc. It's the history I can easily document and put with it that makes it valuable to me at least.

On the other side of the family we have a Westley Richards 12ga with external hammers. It was is grossly poor condition and my dad had a family friend recondition it. It was good for wall hanging and now much else, but like the Parker, I think I can trace its origins as well because I'm pretty sure it came to the USA directly from England when my 4th great grandfather returned for a visit.

It's the stories behind these firearms that excites me and the quality of the workmanship required to produce them.

Thanks again!
John Stickney is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to John Stickney For Your Post:
Unread 03-17-2019, 09:32 PM   #12
todd allen
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 3,256 Times in 1,129 Posts

Pretty decent Trojan, in a desirable gauge. Not an Inverted Jenny though.
todd allen is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2019, 08:11 AM   #13
mobirdhunter
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 9,567 Times in 3,075 Posts

John, It's nice to see someone who has had a gun come to him in a fashion such as yours...and who appreciates and values the gun for what it is. A superb piece of craftsmanship, a slice of history, and an efficient tool. I hope you have someone you can leave it to in your family who will honor it like you.
Garry L Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote