Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums Parker Hammer Guns

Notices

Unread 07-02-2013, 05:44 PM   #11
Alligator
Forum Associate

Member Info

I have it's twin in 10 gage that has the best piece of wood I have ever seen on a Parker of this vintage. It is off face and has a bulge about 3" from the left muzzle. Does anybody have a suggestion as to who might remove the bulge? I have no intention of shooting it unless I get some Brileys installed but it just seems to good to waste as a parts gun. It has minor cracks in the stock, and the barrels ring like church bells even with the bulge. I just finished the "whatchamacallit" Parker and there is far more to work with here than there was when I first got that one. Give me a hand guys, I don't need much of an excuse to bring it back up as close as possible. I work cheap(for myself at least), Lee.
lee r moege is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to lee r moege For Your Post:
Unread 07-03-2013, 06:20 AM   #12
Bill Zachow
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Eldon, the number on the barrel flat is the order number. The serial would be on the end of the locking lug and on the left, vertical side of same.
Bill Zachow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2013, 08:03 AM   #13
Alligator
Forum Associate

Member Info

Eldon: I would like to apologize for what appears to be a hijacking of your thread. You posted such good pictures I guess I thought I could benefit from them to get my questions answered without posting my own pictures. I got lazy! I wish you well in your efforts and I know for both of us that we have a couple of very early guns that aren't in every street corner pawn shop despite the fact they don't command spectacular prices. Lee
Unread 07-03-2013, 08:06 AM   #14
Alligator
Forum Associate

Member Info

how bout that! I even typed in the wrong name Brian! This getting old is hell. Lee.
Unread 07-03-2013, 09:46 AM   #15
Bryan Liedahl
Forum Associate

Member Info

No problem Lee, lazy works for me.
As I said earlier, my brother gave me this gun to sell for him. I have had it for several years and figured I better get it done before some fire, flood or tornado took care of it for us.
Well my first post to the forum went well, posted late Monday night, got an answer to my question Tuesday morning and sold it to a local guy who collects antique decoys in the afternoon. One of the reasons I didn't get around to it sooner is, not having any experience with old Parkers it can be difficult to decide on a price. I know with Parkers, as with most things collectable, the finer points can make all the difference and it can take a long time and some heartache to learn. I'm getting short on time and have had enough heartache so I got lazy and looked you guys up. At least now I know I didn't "throw the baby out with the bathwater". Ends up it went for $550 and I threw in an old "mutton leg" gun case I had laying around.
The only problem is now I am out of Parkers so I suppose you guys will disown me with disgust ...anyone who sells his only Parker must have a terminal illness! (I don't)

If you guys don't mind I'll lurk in the shadows and hope to find another old Parker to get me back in the club.
Bryan Liedahl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bryan Liedahl For Your Post:
Unread 07-03-2013, 10:46 AM   #16
C.O.B.
Forum Associate

Member Info

Thanked 6,320 Times in 2,082 Posts

Lurk all you want it's no problem. Consider joinging the PGCA it's the best $40 you'll spend this year. There is a lot of good information in Parker Pages our quarterly magazine thats included in your membership.
Rich Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rich Anderson For Your Post:
Unread 07-03-2013, 10:49 AM   #17
Bryan Liedahl
Forum Associate

Member Info

Thanks for the the invite C.O.B.
Unread 07-03-2013, 12:01 PM   #18
Alligator
Forum Associate

Member Info

Brian: You don't know how close to the truth you are! I recently had a second open heart surgery replacing an aortic valve and fixing two anurisms. As my chances weren't all that good it was decided to sell my entire collection keeping only some that were to go to my son and my 12 gage and 20 gage "Clays" guns. The surgery was obviously successful (March 27th), and I have since acquired a Syracuse Le Fever steel barrel ejector gun, a new Browning 625 Sporting 28 gage, and most recently the 10 gage Parker hammer gun, a Parker VHE 12 gage, and a Belgian Browning Superposed. It's a disease don't fight it, the only cure is another Parker. Lee.
The Following User Says Thank You to lee r moege For Your Post:
Unread 07-03-2013, 12:02 PM   #19
Eldon Goddard
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Zachow View Post
Eldon, the number on the barrel flat is the order number. The serial would be on the end of the locking lug and on the left, vertical side of same.
I was unaware of order numbers. You learn something new everyday especially on this forum.
Eldon Goddard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2013, 01:23 PM   #20
Bryan Liedahl
Forum Associate

Member Info

Lee, glad to hear you are back in business! and it sounds like you are well on your way to replenishing your stock. ...."it only hurts for a little while"

Tags
black-powder, hammer gun, identify, price, underlifter