Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Non-Parker Specific & General Discussions Shotgun Shell Reloading

Notices

Unread 08-11-2016, 06:13 PM   #61
Paul Harm
Forum Associate

Member Info

Amen, amen.
Unread 08-11-2016, 07:34 PM   #62
Kirk Mckinney
Forum Associate

Member Info

Yeah you never know what our government was, is & has done. He did say some cities do something different. But he didn't say anything about states but like I said come on to Texas. I don't know about anyone else but when the end comes. I'm going to be with the Lord. An I'm sure he can take care of me till that day !!! I like the George carlin ad. Lol. Have a great weekend guys.
Kirk Mckinney is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2016, 09:03 PM   #63
Blind Dog
Forum Associate

Member Info

I'm with Bruce on the 20mm spinner except I prefer it in the nose of an A10 and launching KE AP spent uranium; there is plenty of fireworks carried under wing to please me.
Fred Preston is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2016, 08:37 AM   #64
Paul Harm
Forum Associate

Member Info

If only I had the money - I'd buy a tank and park it in the front yard - pointing toward the road.
Visit Paul Harm's homepage!
Unread 08-12-2016, 02:09 PM   #65
Jeff Higgins
PGCA Member

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Romig View Post
Not necessarily so. Here in MA a copy of the transfer of ownership form (gun registration form) including the make, capacity, and serial number is sent to the Criminal Recoeds Division and is kept on file indefinitely. This probably varies from state to state but the ATF and FBI can access these records any time they so desire, and if that isn't government gun registration, I don't know what is.

Dean is correct. It is the same here in Ct. Any firearm transaction needs to get a authorization number from the State Police firearms unit. Then a form DPS-3 with all the info of buyer,seller and the firearm is sent to both the State PD and to the buyers local PD. This also now has to be done on private sales as well not just purchases at a FFL dealer.
Jeff Higgins is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jeff Higgins For Your Post:
Unread 08-12-2016, 03:01 PM   #66
King Brown
Forum Associate

Member Info

As I understand it from this distance, Dean's right about data---in effect, registration---and all data is accessible to federal authorities, in effect a national database. Right?

While the US gun scene appears less restrictive than Canada's ---cc everywhere, footloose and fancy free--Canada's is significantly less onerous with sporting long-gun transactions.

Handguns are strictly regulated but in day-to-day buying and selling it's private business as long as each has passed a safety course and has possession and acquisition license.

Government doesn't know which guns I have, bought or sold. An earlier government introduced a registry but it was overturned with popular assent.
King Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to King Brown For Your Post:
Unread 08-12-2016, 04:37 PM   #67
Jeff Higgins
PGCA Member

Member Info

Another interesting thing here in Ct. Many but not all PDs when they run a license plate it will show if that person has a pistol permit. They can also check what firearms they own because the DPS-3 where sent to them.
Last week a customer of ours was pulled over( tail light out) and when the Police Officer approached the vehicle and asked for his license and registration he remarked that our customer owned alot of firearms. Our customer a gentleman in his 70s replied that yes he does and that he is very active in cowboy action shooting and asked the officer if he ever wanted to join him he was welcome. The Cowboy action shooting ( rifle,shotgun and revolver) got me thinking about 3-gun ( AR type rifle,shotgun and pistol) and how similar they are. But I can easily see how some who have posted here would be accepting of the cowboy action shooting(they posted pictures of the pretty SAs they own) but would turn there nose up at 3-gun. To bad we are divided as gun owners. And some can't see the similarities. The firearms I like are the ones with triggers. I like some ( old shotguns) better than others but I surely don't look down my nose at you if your firearm hobby is different than mine.
Jeff Higgins is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jeff Higgins For Your Post:
Unread 08-12-2016, 07:51 PM   #68
Kirk Mckinney
Forum Associate

Member Info

I guess it is different state to state on registration for fire arms. Also a cop here can run your vehicle tags and know if you have a chl or not. Don't think he knows what you own though. Texas is pretty tuff on standing up for rights like gun laws. As a matter of fact Texas is suing the government over this gender bathroom stuff in schools. I will be the first to admit it's getting real squirrelly in some places. On a different note. Should I reload bismuth , Itx or nice shot. For ducks with my old sterlingworth ??? What do u guys think about which is best the duck hunting will be on stock ponds over decoys. Thanks
Unread 08-12-2016, 07:54 PM   #69
Kirk Mckinney
Forum Associate

Member Info

Ps. I guarantee the government has done things that nobody knows about. Just a thought.
Unread 08-12-2016, 08:19 PM   #70
Mills
PGCA Lifetime Member
Since 3rd Grade

Member Info

Thanked 12,345 Times in 4,421 Posts

Kent is producing bismuth now. Supposed to be a decent population of ducks this year
Mills Morrison is offline   Reply With Quote