Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums Parker Hammer Guns

Notices

Unread 03-19-2014, 09:23 PM   #11
Double Play
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 2,770 Times in 635 Posts

Richard,
Yes both are 12's and I'm sure there will be many more there you can measure.
Larry Frey is online now   Reply With Quote
Help with a possible 11 gauge Lifter
Unread 03-26-2014, 09:16 AM   #12
Grantham Forester
Forum Associate

Member Info

Thumbs up Help with a possible 11 gauge Lifter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Romig View Post
7136 is a 30" ten gauge. It was most likely built on either the 2 frame or the 3 frame.

Measuring the distance between firing pin centers in sixteenths of an inch will tell you the frame size.

The 2-frame measurement is 1 2/16" and the three frame measurement is 1 3/16"
Mr. Romig- I have a 11 gauge (I believe it to be) Parker Lifter SN 1346 and all the numbers match every where so marked on the gun as I have dis-assembled it-- The frame is marked on the left barrel flat (water table) as follows- lower cased capital B followed by the 4 digit serial number is slightly larger case numbers- could this the next size up from the No. 3 at 1 &3/16" between centers- as mine measures an even 1 & 1/4" on the same- also, did the frame sizes on these earlier Parkers move an even 1/16" as you progressed from on size upwards to the next-- = The Barrels are marked in flowing script on the top rib, closer to the breech- Parker Bros. Makers, Meriden, Connecticut U. S. A.-- on the bottom of the left side barrel near the breech and lug- on the underside-- 11 over a capital letter D-- opposite to that, on the right barrel underside- is a shield with the smaller case letters looks like p and d- somewhat blurred- and below that in larger case and F--thanks GF
Unread 03-26-2014, 11:03 PM   #13
Richard B. Hoover
Forum Associate

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Frey View Post
Richard,
I will have a couple of lifters (3251 & 18127) that you are more than welcome to measure if you want.
Larry,

That is great. I would love to measure them.

Richard
Richard B. Hoover is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2014, 11:10 PM   #14
Richard B. Hoover
Forum Associate

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grantham Forester View Post
Mr. Romig- I have a 11 gauge (I believe it to be) Parker Lifter SN 1346 and all the numbers match every where so marked on the gun as I have dis-assembled it-- The frame is marked on the left barrel flat (water table) as follows- lower cased capital B followed by the 4 digit serial number is slightly larger case numbers- could this the next size up from the No. 3 at 1 &3/16" between centers- as mine measures an even 1 & 1/4" on the same- also, did the frame sizes on these earlier Parkers move an even 1/16" as you progressed from on size upwards to the next-- = The Barrels are marked in flowing script on the top rib, closer to the breech- Parker Bros. Makers, Meriden, Connecticut U. S. A.-- on the bottom of the left side barrel near the breech and lug- on the underside-- 11 over a capital letter D-- opposite to that, on the right barrel underside- is a shield with the smaller case letters looks like p and d- somewhat blurred- and below that in larger case and F--thanks GF
Grantham,

What.size are the chambers, and what weight is your Parker.
Will you have B1346 at the Southern? I would love to see it.

Richard
Unread 03-30-2014, 08:55 PM   #15
David Hamilton
Forum Associate

Member Info

Mr. Hoover, i have an average Parker from 1875, 10ga, #2 frame, 28" barrels, lifter, that is not very unusual except for the checkering of the stock. I believe that it has 2 5/8" chambers that are tapered in the usual Parker fashion. If you are interested I will bring the gun to the Southern. David
David Hamilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2014, 11:33 PM   #16
Richard B. Hoover
Forum Associate

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Hamilton View Post
Mr. Hoover, i have an average Parker from 1875, 10ga, #2 frame, 28" barrels, lifter, that is not very unusual except for the checkering of the stock. I believe that it has 2 5/8" chambers that are tapered in the usual Parker fashion. If you are interested I will bring the gun to the Southern. David
I am interested in all hammer guns. Only by getting hard data by measuring lots of bores and chambers can a lot of these mysteries and myths be resolved.

As my old boss at the Marshall Space Flight Center, Director Wehrner Von Braun used to say:

"One test measurement is worth a hundred expert opinions."

Thanks for offering. I would love to have the chance to measure your lifter.

Richard